Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ECONOMY how much is it changing your purchases

Old 07-01-2008, 12:13 PM

Default ECONOMY how much is it changing your purchases

Ill be honest, I have never wished before that I was wrong as much as right now as I believe we are heading blindly into a great great depression. A fiat based currency system is the essential base problem and the government will use its collapse to usher in the new currency and North American Union. I pay attention to the markets quite a bit and can see the whole world turning away from our faith based currency, but enough personal beliefs.

I think things are going to be so bad that I am pretty much throwing up my arms and making new hunting purchases in the archery department. I have cut back spending in many areas except my new passion of bow hunting. In some sad way I actually consider it to be a little bit of a survivalist expenditure, which is how my wife helped me to justify my purchases.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: ECONOMY how much is it changing your purchases

Let's just say (disregarding the premise of WHY and even IF the country's in the state you claim....lol)....I'm glad I made some of my larger hunting purchases in previous seasons.

I won't spend more than $500 this entire season on hunting related products/goods/services. Probably......more like half of that.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

The only thing i have really noticed so far is paying an extra 20 or so dollars at the pump, so thats only 80 dollars a month, then groceries and stuff I havent noticed too bad.. But it hasnt bothered me too bad with hunting YET... and I say YET....
Old 07-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hasn't change my purchasing much at all because I don't have any money anyway. Price of gas has kept me home a lot more than I'm used to though. [&o]
Old 07-01-2008, 12:27 PM

I don't know if I am saddened or comforted by the fact that we wil all be in this together.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think the sky is falling. There are a lot of industries that are thriving right now. The truth is we are in a slump, but I believe we will come out of it just fine. The only thing that scares me is our government keeps borrowing too much money. Also, we need to find another alternative energy source.

Anyways, to your original question I will cut back only a little bit on my spending. Not because of economy issues, but because I have been making major purchases the past 5 years and have about everything I could ever need.

Just remember, the economy always has andalways willcycle.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only thing that scares me is our government keeps borrowing too much money.
Not only that, but they're borrowing from people who don't even like us that much, like China and the Saudis. [:@]
Old 07-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Personally I think its mostly all a big joke. A bunch of mindless panic brought on by an overzealous media. Most people wouldn’t know we are in a bad situation if they didn’t have it shoved down their throat.
I go out to eat….packed restaurants. I go to walmart…full parking lot and lines are too long. Go to the local movie plex and you can’t find a parking space. People are still spending money hand over fist where I live. Maybe Pittsburgh is the only city not yet hit by the gloom and doom.

As far as I go, I will buy things as I see fit. If I need it, I’ll buy it. If not, I won’t.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:43 PM

Still as it has been. I save, then spend. In fact this yr I bought 2 new targets, & fletching tool.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am simply working more this summer with my dozer (off from teaching) to put money away for my upcoming trips. I buy diesel in bulk and bought it at 269.00 this winter/500 gallons, so I still have a bit left there for a few camper haulingscouting/huntingtrips.. I need to get one airline ticket to ND bought asap .. to help with cost.. bout it..

Quick Reply: ECONOMY how much is it changing your purchases

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.