Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do we care...

Old 07-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Why do we care...

I don't care.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

1. Who gun hunts and who does not?
2. Who bow hunts and who does not?
3. Who does both?
I mostly just bow hunt. I may go on 2 or 3 gun hunts a year... mostly just to be social.

4. Who kills the most deer? Gun hunters? Bow hunters?
In my opinion its gun hunters because there are more of them. Moreover, there is less patience and less mastery involved. I'm not going to say its "easier" per sae..... but you get the point.

5. Who has access to big bucks?
6. Who does not have access to big bucks?
Hunters who think there are no "big bucks" (and thats relative because there just ain't but so many booners in SE VA... we have some very big bucks... but not compared to say... Iowa or someplace.....)... but hunters who think there are no big bucks in their area or on their land probably just aren't looking in the right places, or they just haven't lucked onto one yet. A lot of guys who shoot big deer are known to say... "I had no idea there was a deer like this on this place!" So I think the playing field is pretty level.

7. Who is smarter about hunting in general?
Bowhunters... in spades too. I became 10x's the hunter I was when I started bowhunting... and I started killing WAY WAY more deer.

Why do you care?
I don't... but you asked LT... so there you are...

Old 07-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think its just the thought of being interactive with other hunters on the forum. Then of course the competive side takes holdan also the interest of how you measure up with other people that do what you do in the fall.

I think its a good thing, although some people get carried away a little.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I try and approach it as, to each his own different things float each persons boat < did i say that right ?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

i only care what i do and what puts a on this face,i dont care if you shoot sling shots as long as your having a good time doint it

only thing that bothers me is the traffic on the way to my hunting spot ,otherwise to each his own
Old 07-01-2008, 08:39 PM

I just like to plain old have fun shooting everything! [8D] I hunt both seasons. I find I get better at stalking the deer towards the end of the season.