Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do we care...

Old 07-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do we care...

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat
That is the first step to recovery huntingson. Admitting you have a problem.[:-]j/k
Yeah, I knowI have nothing against the people or anything like that. I guess I just wish I could see deer like that as well... Let me rephrase that. I wish thehunters around here would let a 1.5 year old walk every once in a while!!!!!!!!!!!The deer around here have everthing but time on their side.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Crossbows anyone?
Since my shoulders won't let me shoot a bow any more... Yes. And anyone that don't like it can bite my shorts.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since my shoulders won't let me shoot a bow any more... Yes. And anyone that don't like it can bite my shorts.
Oh know you didn't.............After some of the epic battles we have had over this subject, I nearly had a coronary.............sounds like you are starting to my point of view these days[8D]
Old 07-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd been working on changing my mind about crossbows for a long time, SA. With bow performance going through the roof, even over and above what many crossbows are capable of doing, it was becoming an untenable position anyway. What kicked it over the top was when these nimrods pitched such a fit they forced P&Y to ditch the 65% let-off rule, which was the last bastion of defence. Anti-crossbow forces don't have any credibility on the issue at all now. None. Zip.

And now that I need it, I could care even less.

One other thing. Since I've been involved with crossbows, I've learned the crossbow people are one heck of a great bunch of guys, generous and helpful. Much more akin to my traditional buddies than either group will believe.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

One other thing. Since I've been involved with crossbows, I've learned the crossbow people are one heck of a great bunch of guys, generous and helpful. Much more akin to my traditional buddies than either group will believe.
I am SURE that is very true. Very cool.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

In IL it's leagal to use a x-bow at age 62,new law. I've got 11 years to go!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd been working on changing my mind about crossbows for a long time, SA. With bow performance going through the roof, even over and above what many crossbows are capable of doing, it was becoming an untenable position anyway. What kicked it over the top was when these nimrods pitched such a fit they forced P&Y to ditch the 65% let-off rule, which was the last bastion of defence. Anti-crossbow forces don't have any credibility on the issue at all now. None. Zip.

And now that I need it, I could care even less.
Arthur, as you remember I held my position so strongly because of my father's condition and because I felt like if it brings new hunters into the sport, it's a good thing. I am glad to see that you were open minded enough to see the other point of view and big enough to admit it. I am sorry to hear that your shoulders have gotten so bad, but I hope you get to continue to enjoy hunting with the crossbow!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

I care because i know there are a lot of people that need help and a lot of people can help me.Knowledge is power and sharing is caring.We as hunters are a family. What is a family without communication? Disfunctional.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

1. Who gun hunts and who does not?
2. Who bow hunts and who does not?
3. Who does both?
4. Who kills the most deer? Gun hunters? Bow hunters?
5. Who has access to big bucks?
6. Who does not have access to big bucks?
7. Who is smarter about hunting in general?

Why do you care?

LT
I don't for the most part.

Paul
Old 07-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because as humans we are all insecure to different degrees about different things. Knowing what others can/will do helps us either justify our own actions or be more secure in perceiving superiority. This is one of the only touchy-feelly lines I have heard and beleive is true. Some have this under control and look for other forms of security and others are stuck all over it. That is why the threads about such features generally go downhill. A few can hold civil debates about certain topics but they never are the only respondents. Someone feels threatened and makes uncouth statements, another reacts......and the thread gets locked.

Quick Reply: Why do we care...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.