Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do we care...

Old 07-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why do we care...

I think some care because they have a chip on the shoulder. I was thinking about this last night. I know that this not an absolute, but it seems to me that many that started hunting later in life and yet have gotten caught up in a type of horn lust are the ones that care about many of these trivialthings.
Huh??
I started hunting when I was 8 years old with my Granddad. I am now 48but I too suffer from this "horn lust" that you speak so eloquently but yet so disparaging of.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only care from an information perspective.Sharing idea's and strategies,success's and failures.I don't care if I shoot a bigger deer than any one else or if I have the latest and greatest equipment.I am looking to glean and apply as much practical information as I can to assist me in becoming more successful and having the most enjoyment that I can have from my own hunting experiences.
The whole gun and bow thing is a devisiveness that doesn't help any one of us! All I care about in that regard is that each hunter pursue's their hunting ethically and within the boiundaries of the law.I wish everybody great success with their legal weapon of choice.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:27 AM

Because we just love this stuff. That's it in a nutshell. Most of us argue and bicker but I promise you, that if we all met one another in passing and talked face to face, we would all pretty much like each other and could talk for hrs.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't, if you aren't breaking the law it's none of my business how you hunt. Crossbows anyone?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care,I just don't understand sometimes. I don't understand how someone can profess to "love" to deer hunt but not take advantage of all the extra time in the woods that bowhunting affords. I just cant' help but think think if they really loved it, they would want to spend as much time as possible doing it.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Because your not a hunter unless you bowhunt [8D]

For the record, I gunhunt as well.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Original: Vabowman Because we just love this stuff. That's it in a nutshell. Most of us argue and bicker but I promise you, that if we all met one another in passing and talked face to face, we would all pretty much like each other and could talk for hrs.
Great reply Va. I would have to say that is my main reason for asking questions, looking at equipment, checking out someone else's kills, etc.

I am an information junky at times. Do I want to become the information Ho? Not at all. It (information) will never mean enough to me to just continually throw myself into the pit for everyone to pick apart. jmho

LT
Old 07-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Do what you do legally and ethically.....and I don't care if you use a bow, a gun, an atlatl or a rock.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

To be perfectly honest I do care about some of those things. I guess it is just my competative nature. It does bother me on some level that I don't have access to anywhere that has bucks as big as some other people. I don't lose sleep over it or anything, but I do have some jealousy. I can admit it.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is the first step to recovery huntingson. Admitting you have a problem.[:-]j/k

Quick Reply: Why do we care...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.