Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Will the gas prices affect your hunting??

Old 06-29-2008, 04:08 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Will the gas prices affect your hunting??

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2842248&mpage=1
Old 06-29-2008, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

150 miles round trip @ 15 mpg. Probally will spend the night a few times instead of coming home every evening and returning the next morning.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:08 AM
Host of Hosts

every thing I do now is justified with the amount of money in gas I will spend to do it.
I think that most will have this same opinion....I fear we've only seen the beginning of the sufferering. Think about how bad people are hurting right now and the effect it has on everything else we buy. Imagine if it gets to 7.00 as some are predicting. It's going to crush our economy. Travel will lay off thousands of people. Hotel and Motels will fold up. Resturaunts will start laying off thousands and so on and so on.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes I havn't been out to this one property i hunt because of the gas and time.
I think i'll be hunting the properties that are closer to home more this year
Old 06-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes. The main farm I hunt is almost 5 hours from my house. That equals a lot of gas. This fall I'll be hunting at my parents farm more which is only 1 hour away. For doing so I''l be rewarded in two ways, saving money and more time to hunt.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

It won't hurt my hunting because my spot is only 13 miles away.But it's KILLING my native trout fishing, which I LOVE,because these spots are 3-4 hours away! I can't justify spending $100-$150 in gas alone, to go trout fishing every other weekend.[&o]

Old 06-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are going to be many affected by Gas prices. I am already hoping I get to make the 2 trips to NE this season. One I will have a buddy sharing gas cost,the other one will be on my own.

I have also been taking a look at next years out of state hunts and pondering where to trim.

I was figuring if I could get a vehicle that got only 5 miles per gallon better than my current ride it would save me over $1500 a year at the current gas prices.

Dan
Old 06-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Locally, not in the least. I can walk out my front door and enjoy exceptional hunting as I might even concentrate here cause I have a piebald wondering around.

My honey hole is on my way home from work and except for weekends and vacation, I drive less than 1/2 mile out of my way. I also headed to IL the second week of Nov. That's a done deal as I put in for my license Friday. I'm excited to say the least.

Gas is likely to sore but it won't affect my love of bowhunting, bowhunting is what keeps me from blowing up a gas station..LOL

disclaimer: that was very tongue in cheek. [8D] [8D]
Old 06-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

It will affect me just a little as this I plan on hunting the nearby public land more often than in the past. I'll save my best spots on private land for optimal times and will certainly be there on vacation during the rut.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

If that's a hint that this thread has already thoughtof and used, it certainly won't be the first time, and I'm sure not the last.

Quick Reply: Will the gas prices affect your hunting??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.