Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

thoughts on stablilizer

Old 06-28-2008, 06:20 PM

Default thoughts on stablilizer

I havea simms stabilizer on my bow now. Question I have that it's great for sound suppression, but not much for weight. I hear that a little bit of weight on the front helps keep the bow a little more steady upon release. If so what hunt'n stabs would you recommend?
Old 06-29-2008, 04:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: thoughts on stablilizer

I have a DoinkerA Bomb 7"Multirodon my Guardian and a Diamond Wildthing on my Black Ice. Both seem to do a good job on stabilizing as well as absorbing sound and had shock. The Wildthing is 9oz and the Doinker is 7.6oz I think.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:05 PM

Default RE: thoughts on stablilizer

www.stealtharchery.com

The 60/40 weight design makes the 6" version balance your bow like a 16" stabilizer and a Stealth will kill ANY and ALL shock or vibration that your bow may have which ultimately equals a quieter bow. I know we all think our bows are as quiet as a church mouse and yada yada but they can't defy physics and regardless of what we think there is ALWAYS vibration in a bow regardless of the name on the limbs.

I have used pretty much every stabilizer on the market and I am yet to find one that holds a candle to a Stealth. The day one is made is the day I will switch