Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My buddy wanted u guy' s opinion

Old 03-02-2003, 09:41 PM

Default RE: My buddy wanted u guy' s opinion

i cannot speak for anyone else but personally if someone comes on my property, and commets an act of vilonce, to me or anyone else welcome on my land, they will be lucky to be leaving without holes.[:@]
Old 03-03-2003, 02:15 PM

he did the right thing for the situation
Old 03-03-2003, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of allI would have beat the crap out of the dude when he put his hands on my child all bets are off, then I would have had them arrested for tresspassing and obstructing my hunt.
they did a lot less than what I would have done.[:@]
Old 03-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

I too was raised to respect my elders. I would not have hit the man but knowing my dad the way I do the elder fellow would have wished I had. My dad didn' t play when you mess with his and i' m the same way. If someone touches my little hunter I won' t leave holes but they will go to the ER[:@][:' (][8D]
Old 03-04-2003, 05:24 PM

I think he acted properly,then I would have told they people thanks for the buck I shot an hour ago when they started the pot banging in the distance
Old 03-04-2003, 06:06 PM

[X(] If that old fart has more respect for animals than a child then I would have filed assulte and battery charges. Never would I just pound someone chances are they will take legal acton, but defending your family from harm is your legal right to a degree. Use your head get even another way. Dont start another hatfield and mcoy feud![:-]
Old 03-11-2003, 09:34 AM

I was taught to repect all life ,elders, my parents... BUT and I' m sorry for this ...NO ONE puts their hands on my family!!!!!! That requires a beatdown!!!
Yes, I know you should call the police , try to reason with people but in this case THEY crossed a major boundery toching someone else and my feeling with extremist yes i' m lumping PETA with extemist, there should be an open season on them also.......... there is right and there is extreme use extreme get extreme!!
Old 03-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

by walking around on their property and actually righ past the box blind

A couple of things here.
1 People do have the right to walk around on THEIR own property
What if the old man had decided to mow the grass instead of banging pots.
2 Why was the box blind that close to the property line?
I know you can put a blind on any part of your property but if you know the neighbours dont like people hunting why not put it in another spot on the property or was it there in case a big boy was on the adjoining land?

went over to where the man banging pots with his female companion,
So your friend trespassed on their property?
He had no right to go over to the old man and woman and verbally abuse them.
Now I could be wrong here but doesn' t a land owner have a right to remove a trespasser off his property?

Your friend is very lucky that the old man did not press not only assualt charges but also trespass charges.

If he had of used some thought process he would have moved then if the disturbance continued he should have called the proper authorities for hunter harrassment.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:20 PM

Ausie i suppose i didn' t make that clear, i meant the poeple were on my buddies property, he owns like a 100acre square and the box blind is like smush in the middle, im sorry for the confusing thread. They were on his land
Old 03-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deerhntr1213.
Thanks for the clarification that puts a whole new perspective to the situation.

But your friend should have gone and called the DNR and cops and had the people charged with not only trespass but hunter harrassment.
I know it is hard at times to try and avoid a confrontation I hope he has learned to think before he acts

Quick Reply: My buddy wanted u guy' s opinion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.