Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 06-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tecnology and the modern bowhunter.

It will never go away DT! There is a Sucker born every minute!
Old 06-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually DT, I don't think you could of said it any better. These products are following a line just like everything else. Cars, farm equipment, computers and so on. It's all a competition who has there name as a name everyone knows. Scent control, trail cams, deer scents and even broadheads are all what I am guilty of being a sucker for. But now, and with the help of your article adding to what I've been thinking,I am also at the point of it is time to stop and use what I have to the fullest. I mean, when I sit back and think about it, some of the greatest deer have been taken without technology. The greatest technology that can ever be made, and everyone can invent this for themselves, is TIME. And you can put your own price tag on that.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

See my avatar DT, this is the deer I am going after. The only way I know of him is some shredded trees and a couple pics. You won't get me to change my opinion on trail cams. For 1 reason I can see whats out there and also I get out of the house to go check them and scout around. For scent control though all I use is scent killer and scent killer boots. I can't see spending a $1000 on all the uv, charcoal scent loc attire. Playing the wind, and I think everyone agrees on that, is the key. I wonder, how did the pilgrims and native americans do it? No showers or fancy cover-ups back then. I hunt every weekend from Sept 15 til Dec 31st, and by hunting hard and just being out there, it will pay off for me. Just gotta get everything right!
Old 06-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think it will ever end. We live in a consumer society where everybody has to have the latest gadgets and trinkets. Unfortunately these gadgets are only materialistic and do not attribute much to bowhunting. People have been hunting with bows for decades with now much more than a bow, arrows, and homemade stands. The companies will never draw the line they know that they are making a good profit from the percentages of people buying all this crap!!. The companies have found a niche market which is productive and seems to only be growing . Why would they stop? If anyone is gonna make it stop it's going to be the hunters. Law of supply and demand: If there is no demand, there will be no supply. As long as there is a demand for the goods the companies will produce.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Technology and the modern bowhunter.

This is just my opinion. It doesn't have to be that way. If you know what you are doing, you will know what you need. Bows don't have to be upgraded every year, probably every 5 years would be reasonable. Scent control is obvious, a quiet comfortable stand and clothes are good and can last years. I like to use a couple of cameras on occasion to help pattern some deer. The most important thing in my opinionis finding the best "Spot" to hunt, and that usually takes more time than money. Keep it simple and plan ahead and you won't have to break the bank or feel like you have to.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-28-2008, 12:52 PM

Colorado has already limited some of this stuff. We have restrictions on minimum let off, luminocks are banned, nothing electronic or battery operated is allowed on the bow. But, like muzzleloading, it's not as difficult as it was back when gas was .50 cents a gallon . . . . .

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.