Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 06-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tecnology and the modern bowhunter.

As long as some big name TV Hunter kills a monster buck usingxyz scent or abc brand of bow or camo, they will sell tons of it. No matter if that product really had anything to with killing that buck or not.And then the other companies selling the same products have to play catch up. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it looks good, tastes good, smells good, or if there is one inkling(is that a word?) of promise that it will make you a better bowhunter, someone (a lot of people) will buy it.

It is called "The Lust of the Flesh, The Lust of the Eyes, and The Pride of Life." Hard for some to resist.

LT
Old 06-28-2008, 05:03 PM

I like your style LKN.

I don't spend a lot(relative term) of money on archery equipment because I can see a need for some things, and not for others. I'm not real big on spending money on extra freight to haul to a stand just to see if it might be usefull. And who's really to say if it 'works' that one time?

I've heard people say before that deer are becoming smarter. I say bullcrap. As a whole...we're becoming "more stupider"

Old 06-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Dominant Buck

DT....your post confuses me.

Are you the same person that will go to (admittedly "selfish") most any length to improve your chances of killing a deer on your hunting lands.....yet you cite gadgets as taking the fun out of hunting?

I've only been at this a short time.....but the more I hunt whitetails.....the more my motto becomes "less is more". I've gone through a littany of equipment....only to come almost full circle...and even much more primitive with most. The only gadget I carry in with me is a bow holder. I spend my gadget $$ on quality tracking and processing wares.

If archery technology intrigues you or enhances your experiences.....I say go for it.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Bartender

If technology helps me in a ethical fast clean kill I am all for it.
I look at it the best of both worlds old and new and just more hunting opporunities.
What works for you might not work for others and I feel I am pretty good at weeding
out the garbage.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone should do what brings them enjoyment.My preference is to simplify.I used to be a buy a new bow every two years guy,now I have had the same bow for 6 years and it still shoots better than I do,it is quiet,fast and rugged.It is all I need to hunt the way I want to.My carbon express arrows are vintage 3 or 4 years ago and they will be used until I don't have a half dozen perfect one's any longer.My release is a tru-ball pinky extreme and it continues to do what I need it to do,I am tempted the most by some of the new carter releases.We will see how that goes.My range finder is 12 or 13 years old and when it craps out I will buy one of the nice smaller one's.I enjoy trail camera use.I have two digitals that I will continue to play with.
I use a gps to navigate and to mark stand sites and area's that have sign or peak my interest in some way.
I think there is a distinction between beneficial technology and gadgets,although that is subject to an individuals opinion.My interest is becoming a better and better hunter.New broadheads,lumenocks,front of center arrows,the list goes on and on,is not going to contribute to that.