Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I am soo sick of this/ dump the chumps

Old 06-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I am soo sick of this/ dump the chumps

Better get used to it, as you get older it's harder to find the time and money.

I'm in the same boat as you, so I stopped asking and just go by myself.
Screw them all and let god sort them out!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:06 PM

I can't find a serious bow hunter here in Maryland to even go with.I get tired of going by myself but don't want someone to just use me for my spots either. Which has happened before.I have no family that hunts but they do listen to my stories.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:30 PM

i have found when planning a hunting trip always always go alone or with a family member there is nothing like paying 3 grandto hunt and the last minute the idiots back out and the outfitters think you are a idiot
Old 06-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with my Dad and girlfriend. Everyone else falls out when it comes to really doing something. I quit being camp counselor a long time ago.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

What bugs me the mostabout trying to hunt with other guy'sis their lack of punctuality! That drives me up a frigging wall!! When I go alone, I get to where I need to be, when I need to be there. It's that simple. I don't call myself "early in" for nothing.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:49 PM

I think I am in the same boat as you guys on this one. As much as most guys frown on me for this I have made such a hard attempt to get my wife back in to the woods after a 20 year pause. She fights me tooth and nail and she is a mountain girl thru and thru. We do everything together, ride our bikes across country to places like all the National parks out west and so on. She was raised in the woods and it would bring great delight to see the smile on her face that she gets when she talks about it. Heck, my father in law asks her every year. I think if she got out there she would love it. But no matter all the effort and research she always finds an excuse.

My greatest hunting friend in my life is losing his eyesight and it hurts to see him sit out each hunting year. My uncle has always been in the woods with me and its hard to see him lose that part of his life. But I guess that is part of life.

He has suggested that I start getting out and doing hunts that I have always dreamed of. I dream of elk and bear. He has helped get my frame of mind ready for the tough descents and climbs to get it done. Hopefully when I get home i will be able to head up north for the bear hunt of a lifetime. Then eventuallyI would like to make it out west to elk hunt. I will make it happen, even if my wife doesn't like it. Once I am determined i do it.

The one thing I always try to remember when getting other people involved is mention it, take them out to see if they enjoy it, and take them to the store to see if they get the tools necsessary to get the job done. If they are not gonna invest the money, they aren't gonna invest the time.

Justin
Old 06-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

What bugs me the mostabout trying to hunt with other guy'sis their lack of punctuality! That drives me up a frigging wall!! When I go alone, I get to where I need to be, when I need to be there. It's that simple. I don't call myself "early in" for nothing.
I know what you mean! I used to hunt with my best friend and got sick of getting to the stand late because I would wait and he'd never show up. Last year I got permission for him from the property owner and told him going forward to get his arse there himself and to make sure he pushes the deer my way when he walks in.