Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone ever try this?

Old 06-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone ever try this?

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

Just how much gear do you take in the woods? When I read the first sentence I thought you were going to use the cart to get your deer out......not take stuff in........I must be thinking of something else[&:]
I'm still out of work on disability after having back surgery, they replaced two disks and fused three vertabrae. My days of hiking in with a stand strapped to my back or dragging a deer out are over. I'm just trying to stay in the game, just wait 'till you guys get old.
Too sick to work... but not too sick to walk into the woods, climb a tree, and draw a bow.

I had a bunch of those days when I was in school. And I suspect if the the ducks show up strong and the weather gets right I'll have a bunch more this fall!

I've used a dolly before to cart all my duck decoys and related junk into and out of walk-in spots. I'm thinking I may be a light-weight deer cart. I'm 25, healthy and able, but I'm also lazy and don't feel like carrying something if I can just drag it on wheels behind me.
No i'm not out walking in the woods, i'm just happy if I can get off a couple of arrows here and there. I'm just thinking ahead and hopefully I'll be able to get out this fall.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

No i'm not out walking in the woods, i'm just happy if I can get off a couple of arrows here and there. I'm just thinking ahead and hopefully I'll be able to get out this fall.
That wasn't an attack at you centaur. Everybody knows full good and well that you aren't playing possum. At least I'm sure of it, and I meant it all in good friendly fun.... internet is so hard to be sarcastic on sometimes because you can't see someones face or smile or hear the jest in their voice. I guess I need to use these things more ---> [&:][:@][:'(]
Old 06-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Have you considerd a deer cart? I think a golf cart would be tippy.
BTW I'm sorry to hear about yuor back. mine is'nt my best friend eithor and it sucks! I'm glad to see you still out there. I commend you. Good luck.
I was going to mention that after I made the wheel-barrow remark, but I felt guilty after he mentioned his back situation. That is a great idea, in fact I just started using one myself last year. It helps big time if you have a long way to go on afairly even trail, dirt road, ect. I got mine at Cabela's for around $100. Money very well spent!
You're making fun of me and you use a cart yourself, I think somebody owes this Florida boy a Pennsylvania bow hunting trip.
Yes, but I use the cart for bringing out my deer, not bringing in my gear.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on now Andy don't be a softy, first rule of bashing is to never say your sorry, I can take it. Hell, Jeff's not letting up.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Have you considerd a deer cart? I think a golf cart would be tippy.
BTW I'm sorry to hear about yuor back. mine is'nt my best friend eithor and it sucks! I'm glad to see you still out there. I commend you. Good luck.
I was going to mention that after I made the wheel-barrow remark, but I felt guilty after he mentioned his back situation. That is a great idea, in fact I just started using one myself last year. It helps big time if you have a long way to go on afairly even trail, dirt road, ect. I got mine at Cabela's for around $100. Money very well spent!
You're making fun of me and you use a cart yourself, I think somebody owes this Florida boy a Pennsylvania bow hunting trip.
Your better off hunting inFL. J/K
Old 06-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

All in good fun Michael. Laughter is good medicine my friend. I believe in that whole heartedly!Damn, I didn't even say anything about the disability people following you through the woods.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

All in good fun Michael. Laughter is good medicine my friend. I believe in that whole heartedly!Damn, I didn't even say anything about the disability people following you through the woods.
All kidding aside, I purposely don't push myself too hard because I'm sure that at some point there'll be someone with a camera trying to "catch" me. I could probably walk behind my self propelled lawn mower for half an hour at a shot and then go in and ice my back, but I'm not ready for eight hour days yet. The photo's sure wouldn't look good though.