Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone ever try this?

Old 06-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone ever try this?

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that, or I wouldn't have joked aboutit. Hope your backs mends quickly! My bad.[&o]
Old 06-27-2008, 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that, or I wouldn't have joked aboutit. Hope your backs mends quickly! My bad.[&o]
I was going to post that a P&Y has been crossing by the 15th green but you guys don't know me that well and I didn't want to get off on the wrong foot.

There's plenty of time for getting off on the wrong foot later.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you considerd a deer cart? I think a golf cart would be tippy.
BTW I'm sorry to hear about yuor back. mine is'nt my best friend eithor and it sucks! I'm glad to see you still out there. I commend you. Good luck.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you Jeff, I feel better now. My feeling is no longer hurt. Lucky for me my wife only allows me to have just one.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

BTW I'm sorry to hear about yuor back. mine is'nt my best friend eithor and it sucks! I'm glad to see you still out there. I commend you. Good luck.
I was going to mention that after I made the wheel-barrow remark, but I felt guilty after he mentioned his back situation. That is a great idea, in fact I just started using one myself last year. It helps big time if you have a long way to go on afairly even trail, dirt road, ect. I got mine at Cabela's for around $100. Money very well spent!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I was going to mention that after I made the wheel-barrow remark, but I felt guilty after he mentioned his back situation. That is a great idea, in fact I just started using one myself last year. It helps big time if you have a long way to go on afairly even trail, dirt road, ect. I got mine at Cabela's for around $100. Money very well spent!
You're making fun of me and you use a cart yourself, I think somebody owes this Florida boy a Pennsylvania bow hunting trip.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

I was just given a golf hand cart. I'm thinking that with a couple of bungee cords I'll be able to get my climbing stand and all of my gear in and out of the woods without wearing out my back. I want to see if I can attach it to my harness so that I can just pull it behind me while leaving my hands free.
Worth a shot. Let us kmow how it works. Sounds like it might work but what about the racket? My brother and I bike in where atv's can't with a converted kids trailer. It's a killer, but gets it done.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nodog

Worth a shot. Let us kmow how it works. Sounds like it might work but what about the racket? My brother and I bike in where atv's can't with a converted kids trailer. It's a killer, but gets it done.
I'm hoping that with some foam padding it should be pretty quiet.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my woods that thing would be snaggin on every other tree. I have to clear a path for my 4 wheeler.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

Just how much gear do you take in the woods? When I read the first sentence I thought you were going to use the cart to get your deer out......not take stuff in........I must be thinking of something else[&:]
I'm still out of work on disability after having back surgery, they replaced two disks and fused three vertabrae. My days of hiking in with a stand strapped to my back or dragging a deer out are over. I'm just trying to stay in the game, just wait 'till you guys get old.
Too sick to work... but not too sick to walk into the woods, climb a tree, and draw a bow.

I had a bunch of those days when I was in school. And I suspect if the the ducks show up strong and the weather gets right I'll have a bunch more this fall!

I've used a dolly before to cart all my duck decoys and related junk into and out of walk-in spots. I'm thinking I may be a light-weight deer cart. I'm 25, healthy and able, but I'm also lazy and don't feel like carrying something if I can just drag it on wheels behind me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.