Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The odds just tipped in my favor.....

Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The odds just tipped in my favor.....

Well after almost 3 years of struggling with a terrible shift work schedule alternating the morning and night shift and going weeks at a time with only 2-3 days off, I hit the jackpot with 12 hours shift starting 6 weeks before deer season! I will only work 14 days a month. That gives me 5 more days a month to hunt for the three month season......the odds have tipped in the Shadows favor!

Old 06-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The odds just tipped in my favor.....

SWEET!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's awesome and that's a lot of extra days, I have a bad feeling I won't get my time back in the woods fully until all the kids are in school. But it's all good, I got your pm and when I get a chance I'll shoot you one back with a link to my map of that piece if you wanted to glance at it. I probably won't get to hunt it but once or twice(hopefully) because of the travel distance but tht's better than none.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

NEW--when you do hunt it, let me know. I will drive and join you if I have a couple of days off. Just point me in the right direction and I will adjust.....thanks buddy.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Droptine----yes it may be a signal that I am a terrible hunter if I don't nail a nice one! hahahaha! With three kids, one being a newborn, and my wife having her basketball season starting in November, it is always challenging! But yes, I will rename myself virginiashadowispathetic if I do not get at least one shot at a nice one.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:38 AM

Good for you. I know about the shift work. Right now I'm working 3- 12 hour days.Thursday from 7pm till Friday morning at 7am. I do this for Friday night and Saturday night. I'm done sunday morning and don't go back till thursday night.I have to work every weekend which sucks but I do enjoy the days off during the week especially during hunting season.Good luck to you this year.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds sweet Virginia, hope you shoot a biggun this year!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, I am gonna go for it. The extra days off combined with a 2 week vacation during the rut will hopefully give me some better odds at getting on some nice bucks....only time will tell. I have 4-5 different spots this year that I have scouted, combined with some good ones that I already know about...I just eliminated some areas altogether dye to lack of sightings and a minimal amount of big buck sign...3 more months til the season opener in VA!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

We changed FROM 12 hour shifts to 8 hour shifts a couple months ago. I'm still very bummed about it. Same as you, we only worked 14 days a month. Don't get me wrong, the days you work, you work and sleep, nothing else. But man is it worth it. Got a new Police Commissioner coming in office who maaaaaaay put us back on the 12 hour shifts if we want them.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: The odds just tipped in my favor.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.