Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Easy Acsess Permanent Treestand

Old 06-27-2008, 12:00 AM

Default Easy Acsess Permanent Treestand

I am building a range in my back yard and would like to put up a stand. I am trying to come up with a stand that is easy to get in and out of repeatedly with arrows in hand. Any ideas?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:33 AM

Default RE: Easy Acsess Permanent Treestand

No answers!!! Come-on you guys. I need some ideas.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well if youre going to be building it build it right and get a set of stair trusses and build some stairs to the platform of the stand. You wont burn yourself out so bad and its much safer just to practice out of it.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:49 AM

How mush would that cost me if I wanted to go up 15'?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

I am building a range in my back yard and would like to put up a stand. I am trying to come up with a stand that is easy to get in and out of repeatedly with arrows in hand. Any ideas?
If I am understanding this, you want to climb up and down with your arrows?? Why not just put up a stand with a bicycle hook in the tree about seat height. Get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, drill numerous holes that are a little larger that you arrows and tie a string from the bucket to the peg in the tree. put the arrows in the drilled holes in bucket, climb, pull bucket and set on peg and your arrows are waiting and easy to grab and there is no risk of you falling with a dozen arrows in your hands.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: racewayking

If I am understanding this, you want to climb up and down with your arrows?? Why not just put up a stand with a bicycle hook in the tree about seat height. Get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, drill numerous holes that are a little larger that you arrows and tie a string from the bucket to the peg in the tree. put the arrows in the drilled holes in bucket, climb, pull bucket and set on peg and your arrows are waiting and easy to grab and there is no risk of you falling with a dozen arrows in your hands.
Good tip Race!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: racewayking

I've built pulley systems able to haul up to 2000 lbs and I am not an engineer. Honestly, I did not think to use a pulley for my arrows. That is a great tip, but the arrows are not the main issue. I want to be able to shoot for a long time and not have to climb up a tiny ladder attached to a tree. Any other tips?
Old 06-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

That's what your wife and kids are for. Climb up, shoot your arrows and then have the wife or kids pull them out and put them in a bucket for you to pull up.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: dstubb

That's what your wife and kids are for. Climb up, shoot your arrows and then have the wife or kids pull them out and put them in a bucket for you to pull up.
Not yet.

Quick Reply: Easy Acsess Permanent Treestand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.