Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trailcam Technology Progression...How far can it go?

Old 06-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trailcam Technology Progression...How far can it go?

Reading another thread on here got me to thinking. Trailcams - Essentially what you have is a motion activated camera meant to capture images of various wildlife for scouting purposes. I've always been a bit into photography, so I know about the improvements made in camera technology over the past few years. Most people (I'm assuming here) don't buy a trail cam based on it's ability to produce a high quality 8x10 print, so MP's don't necessarily make or break the camera's usefullness. The advent of IF/No flash technology was a pretty nice addition to the cams. Now there's video capability, increased trigger speed, picture timing, and now even remote camera/computer communication. For me, I don't need to many frills on a trail cam, but that's just me. I'm not here to bash anyone who likes the latest and greatest, but what do you guys think is left to improve on these little electronic gems?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trailcam Technology Progression...How far can it go?

Well I would say instantaneous camera trigger,20+ megapixels and true complete darkness infrared(like the seals use)not a flash.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to see 1 that can scan 180 degrees. Seeing how a camera only focuses on straight ahead, I wonder how much action a camera misses?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Mottz that is a cool idea.Maybe something that could be hung from a tree and give you 360 degree view like the fish eye security cams.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see a 3ccd video camera coming soon to a trail cam near you!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say solar panels on the top of the cams to keep batteries charged, more advanced cellular technology in the near future (LTE) allowing you to view the cams live all day long with a trip alarm so you can watch when there is action wirelessly and improved night vision technology.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks MECHDOC!! Now how do I patent that idea before anyone else steals it?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who is it that has the camera out that wirelessly routes your pics to your account on their website?? I thought that was pretty cool.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice ideas guys. Hate to see the prices for these If/when we see 20MP cameras and 3CCD video, people better start utilizing these for more than just scouting. While we're at it, let's have remote tripping capability with a zoom lens. Simply set the camera 50yds off a spot, zoom the lens accordingly (maybe use a 70-300mm), set the trip mechanism at the actual point where you expect the animal to appear, and there...no more spooking from flash or noises. I know, a little off the deep end, but hey I thought I would throw it out there.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Who is it that has the camera out that wirelessly routes your pics to your account on their website?? I thought that was pretty cool.

Buckeye trail cams! http://www.hunting-cams.com/store/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=8

Quick Reply: Trailcam Technology Progression...How far can it go?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.