Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter?

I struggle with none of the above.

I am neither envious or arrogant. I care less what someones accomplishments are.. unless he has a really great family behind him.

I do struggle with want. I'm not sure I will want to bow hunt anymore in the near future.. I really don't know anymore. Hunting has become such a pain lately for me.. I still love it.. but not enough to set aside everything else.

My priorities have greatly changed over the past year.. starting with my marriage to my wife. It really is more important to me to have the children we want together.. than to keep hunting whitetail.

I struggle with the want. Sometimes I don't know if I want it anymore.

I'm just being honest.
That's called being a man. Kudos and good luck.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's called being a man. Kudos and good luck.
Thanks Jeff.

Freakin' woman.[&o]
Old 06-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't envey anyone and I'm certainly not arrogant about bowhunting in any way. Why would it have to be one way or the other?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't struggle with it, i'm actually happy for all of you. I am envious though, but only because the deer population where I live is without a doubt the worst in the nation. I had no probablem killing deer on a consistent basis when I lived in the northeast so I know that I'm a fairly good hunter. I've lived in Florida for 19 years now and I bet that I've seen a total of 12 deer in that time.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't envey anyone and I'm certainly not arrogant about bowhunting in any way. Why would it have to be one way or the other?
It doesn't have to be either one. I took from the post that it was these two particualr emotions that the poster was interested in hearing other's opinion on. If neither one apply to you, then either don't answer or answering by saying that neither apply to you. I don't think there an indication in that there the two are either mutually inclusive or exclusive. JMO

P.S. I struggle with both. I am envious of the guys that live in the midwest and other whitetail hotspots and that have access to primetime properties (cause I have hunted some of them and I know how awesome they can be and I can't even imagine living somwhere like that). But I struggle with arrogance too because I know if I lived in the places that some guys do, that I could still hunt it better than they could
Old 06-26-2008, 02:56 PM

If I had to chose It would be envy jsut because Im not that experieced with bowhunting and dont have a lot to show for it and nothing to brag about. Im envious of guys setups and spots and knowledge and ect.... But Idont covet.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

envy - no. I enjoy watching others succeed. Especially friends and family.
Arrogance - no. I don't even carry pics of my deer in my wallet like most do. Few people have even seen my mounts. I don't have my deer scored. I don't want my heads put in any record books.

My struggle is pushing myself too hard every year. At some point during every season I reach a point where I cross over from fun to work. When I push to the point where it's more like a job I have to slow myself down and remind myself the real reason I'm hunting.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Arrogance - no. I don't even carry pics of my deer in my wallet like most do.
This is a real question. Do people REALLY do this?
Old 06-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Arrogance - no. I don't even carry pics of my deer in my wallet like most do.
This is a real question. Do people REALLY do this?

Very common around here.... Deerhunting isa big dealaround these parts.....

I do not carry any photos in my wallet... Actually, other than on here or speaking with a couple buddies I do not talk hunting at all.... Call it arrogant or whateverbut I do not have the patience to listen to the "average" hunter talk whitetail.

To answer the question of the thread.. I do not feel either way.
[/align]
Old 06-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Bartender

A break helped me out Mike and now you see my new chapter with the boys.
I will have a pics in about 1 1/2 hours of us shooting at the chain.

I also believe with the exception of you and a very few others that most of the stuff people type here in this forum is stuff that has been written and read over the years just with their twist and not the experience behind them. I consider myself an average hunter and I love it that way as I am always learning. If I get way to serious im out that is for sure. Also If I ever lose the patience to listen to someone
chat about hunting in general shame on me.

T

Quick Reply: What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.