Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Props go out to the guys in PA and MI getting it done.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Props go out to the guys in PA and MI getting it done.

Jeff i look forward to have the oputtunity to hunt with you at Rob's this year! I think my wife and I will venture up for the costume party and the hunting of course! The way it looks I could be all tug out by then but i will come along to try my hand at filming!I will be hosting Rob here at my house for a few hunt's this year also. I'm hoping to get my 1st on film. Anyways Rob and I walked down where you saw the big bruiser and I must say it's looking good down there!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Like we always say, if you want to kill them you got to hunt where they are. These figures just show you where they are. I don't care what the populations of the states are, it's where the big deer are. As has been discussed, it's not rocket science. If they aren't there you can't kill them. I don't think these figures should surprise anyone. They could just show us the top 4 or 5 ratios and we could tell them what state they were for.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

New Yorks numbers also went backwards,one of the few states to do so.John Eberhart has a chapter that contains this information in one of his books.
Thank's to Scott for posting all the states! Am I allowed to talk about location?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd love to see the 2006-2007 numbers for PA in comparison to the 1998/2004 numbers. It would be interesting to see how the numbers changed for both hunters, and P&Y entries since the AR's and herd reduction.

Edit - These statistics really make me feel extremely fortunate for the property we hunt. I haven't taken a P&Y deer (yet) but know that they are present on the property every year, and that a very real opportunity exists for it to happen every chance I get in the tree. I'm really lucky to have such low pressure there as well, with the exception of a small handful of tresspassers ([:@]) it's really only two of us in there and we hunt it smart every time we hit the woods. It's rare in PA to have this type of low pressure honey hole, and this survey just outlines that. I've hunted the state for roughly 15 years now in 6 different counties and everywhere else I have hunted it, it's been exactly what these statistics outline.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will say PA is producing a pile of PY class bucks,but I know of only one person that has ever had one officially measured. Many of the bucks here are not the high perfect ten points that score well. Most bucks have an odd number of points or short broken tines.
here are many local buck contest but that seems to be as far as scoring goes,
I think us PA guys lack the chest poundingego's that some othersrequirefor accolades & attaboys.[:-]We just hunt for the fun of it.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I will say PA is producing a pile of PY class bucks,but I know of only one person that has ever had one officially measured. Many of the bucks here are not the high perfect ten points that score well. Most bucks have an odd number of points or short broken tines.
here are many local buck contest but that seems to be as far as scoring goes,
I think us PA guys lack the chest poundingego's that some othersrequirefor accolades & attaboys.[:-]We just hunt for the fun of it.
By chance is the King from PA
Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

By chance is the King from PA
We paid him to move here. We had to do something to boost our marketablility. [8D]
Old 06-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

No he's from Pittsburgh,that & the other place we liken to hell Philadelphia are not considered parts of PA.[:@]
The effects of living in a world where blacktop is more prominent than top soil are quite apparent.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

If PA ever hopes to reach the next level in white-tailed deer hunting,the states trespass laws will need a serious overhauling.
Allot of work & money is wasted by the actions of a few that have no fear of prosecution.Poaching is another factor that with no chance of receiving a prison sentence will go unheeded.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

No he's from Pittsburgh,that & the other place we liken to hell Philadelphia are not considered parts of PA.[:@]
The effects of living in a world where blacktop is more prominent than top soil are quite apparent.
While this may be true, I live 10 miles from Phila and hunt just 20 miles from the city, where you can take unlimited antlerless deer. That says something that most other area's in Pawith more top soil can't say.Oh yea, there's a few P&Y's running around in there too. I'm just saying.

Quick Reply: Props go out to the guys in PA and MI getting it done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.