Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mathews or hoyt

Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mathews or hoyt

ORIGINAL: joshw020

I shot bothlast week and believeme, they are both awsome bows. Shoot them both and see what "fits" you best.
And do yourself a favor, don't listen to any post that attemps to dog on either bow or manufacturer! I currentlyshoot a Bowtech and I also own a Hoyt. My Dad owns a DXT. Anyone who thinks that any of these three brands is inferior is an absolute idiot. Go with what feels good to you!
Well said.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

Enough said !!

Old 06-25-2008, 01:53 AM

I want a second bow soo bad. Mine will most likely be another hoyt when it is all said and done.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own both (Outback and MT Sport) and the one thing with the Mathews is there is no adjustments on draw lenght (other than going down a half inch based on let off). My Hoyt has an adjustment on the cam and I can get it exactly where I want it. The Mathews was free so I'm not going to complain.

The Hoyt just fits me. The Mathews is a struggle to get comfortable with (at least it was for me.)

Shoot them both and see what fits you better.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot both bows and both are very sweet. I shoot the Katera XL and I love it! The Katera is heavier than the DXT, but it is also quicker. Both are very quiet, both have a very smooth draw cycle. I choose the Katera because it is quicker and the extra weight actually makes it so much easier to hold the pin steady. IMO the Katera is the best bow out there right now, but shoot both of them and make your own choice. If the extra 1 pound of weight is really a concern, try doing some push ups.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive owner several Hoyts the past 10 years. All were great bows, not one complaint.I also currently own a Bowtech Guardian and a Mathews DXT. The Guardian is rock solid and one of my favorite bows ever. I cant make any permanent judgement on the DXT yet because I havent shot it that much yet. A few hundred arrows will give me a better perspective but so far its a cool little bow. I shot the Katera and loved it. It was an incredibly smooth shooting bow and felt great. But, I wanted to try the DXT just because the 29" ATA and the light weight. Im sure I will be buying a new Hoyt in the next few years, unfortunately lol. The bottom line is get whatever you feel is best for your situation.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get the Hoyt Katera. Best bow
Old 06-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

get whatever fits you, not what people tell you to get
Old 06-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Whitetail^Assassin

I would go with the DXT. I got mine back in january and love it. Fast, smooth draw cycle, light weight,quiet. What else would you expect from mathews.
I don't meen to dog on a new guy so don't take it personally. If I was only 24 years old I probably would think that the DXT was smooth also but I'm double that age. I shot both of these bows two weeks ago and the Katera was way smoother. The DXT has a large hump right at the end of the draw cycle. Out of the bows that I've shot recently the Katera is at the top of the list.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:35 AM

I have not owned either, but in test shooting many bows three weeks ago I would not even hesitate to take a Matthews over the Hoyt or reflex; they were actually my least favorite of the 13 or so that I shot, BUT to each their own. I will not crap talk Hoyt/reflex as their are many many more skilled archers then myself that love them. I will tell you the same thing that many told me, try before you buy because they all shoot quite different. By the way I bought the Bow Tech Ally.

Quick Reply: mathews or hoyt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.