Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do? To expound on the Greedy Question.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would you do? To expound on the Greedy Question.

If I take someone with me,I am going to do the best I can to put them in what I believe to be the best spot or in the most likely stand to realize success.
If I was invited to hunt in some else's area I would respect their wishes and hunt what ever spot they put me in.If they asked me not to shoot a particular animal if I have the opportunity, I would also respect their wishes.I have no problem with that,I am their guest.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well for meI depends who it is and what "they" are in it for. The few friends I've taken have yet to kill deer. A doe to them is a trophy. The most active stands are not always the best big buck stands. They want to see deer and have shot opportunities period. I've given that chance on more than one occasion. Now if it were Dad I'd offer him the best spot, as he would me, and we'd both decline the offer.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes .... by all means , I would let my friend take the best spot ....knowing that if he got a big buck from there would make me happy.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I am unware of anyone among my friends and family who cares less about a big rack than me. So, i would give the spot to someone else.

Ditto..... hey Vabowman wanna shoot a deer? Trade you for some ducks!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chances are you offer him the stand he will decline and it will make you looks better. If he accepts he get a nice buck he's happy your happy.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on the situation. If I'm hunting with someone that has killed more good animals than I have, then I'm sitting in the good stand. But if it's a newbie, or someone with limited success, then I'm putting them in my "best stand site." My vote indicates that I'm assuming it's someone with limited success.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:18 PM

My dad or son, yep let em have it.
My Brother or friend, heck no them sorry jokers wouldent even tell me if a doe comes along!!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:13 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

It really depends on the person.If I invite someone to hunt, I want them to get the most out of it for their enjoyment.

1. A newbie gets setup in a spot wherethereare a lot ofdeer so he odds are best for seeing deer and getting a shot.

2.The same newbie after a couple years will get challenged a bit if he isn't from the immediate area and doesn't get to hunt a lot. We work a plan out withthe info I give him on deer movement, feeding and bedding. I want him to learn and not justhave everything handed to him. I don't do that even with my son ( hand everything to him ). While they are happy to shoot a deer in a stand you pick for them, it doesn't compare to the sense of pride they get picking their own spot out. That is the smile I like to see.

3. The same newbie after a couple yearsfrom the imediate area should have his owngreat spots. He doesn'tget mine.

4. For thefriends not from the immediate areathathave hunted a lotand come up for a hunting visit... it depends on what they want. The can hunt my stands sites ( ground ) or pick their own. Will it be my best spot if they choose my stand sites?? Maybe !!

Tim