Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do? To expound on the Greedy Question.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would you do? To expound on the Greedy Question.

If I am hunting with anyone, that means I trust them and like them - and that also means their success is more important than mine to me, every single time.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I almost always hunt with my father, so I give him the best spot.....or the best spot closer to the truck....though he still will take a hike to the best spot....

"best" is pretty relative though I must say, I'm hunting 180acres and any spot I feel can produce that monster....sure we have our favorite spots but for the most part one over another would b ehard to pick as better.

If a friend were coming to hunt.....I'd say its 50/50 who would get to hunt the better spot. I think we'd each just pick.....I'd probably give him the easier spot to find.....if walking out in the dark in the morning....

I have learned you need to take care of yourself before anyone else though, because no one else is going to take care of you....or at least you shouldn't expect others to put you ahead of themselves. And if you aren't taking care of yourself, then you're offering less of yourself to others when you do take care of them.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Would you invite your friend over and offer him your cheap beer? Or feed him hot dogs when you have steaks in the freezer?
The answer is easy. I give up my "best" spot.
I did this several years ago and I moved over about a 1/4 mile and set up and called. My buddy saw nothing. I called in the deer I wanted him to see and another with him. Both were 130+ bucks and I heard them fight twice!
I took a long shot at the Smaller of the 2 and put an arrow over his back[&o]
Old 06-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

My hunting buddy put me onto a nice deer two years ago....he took the second best spot. Right at first light that 8-10 pointer walked 40 yards from me broadside. I never got a shot opportunity. So for him, I would put him on the buck buck.

Brett
Old 06-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

When Frank (Brknarrow) was here last year.....I was 10yds from him in a tree. I said I wasn't shooting until he did. He shot a beautiful doe and everything worked out to a T.

When Rob was here, turkey hunting, this spring.....I didn't even take a bow.

They get the best spots.....first opp......and I could care less if I even reach for my bow. Hunting with a guest is about THEM.....NOT me.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

When Frank (Brknarrow) was here last year.....I was 10yds from him in a tree. I said I wasn't shooting until he did. He shot a beautiful doe and everything worked out to a T.

They get the best spots.....first opp......and I could care less if I even reach for my bow. Hunting with a guest is about THEM.....NOT me.
Exactly!! Well said!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I wonder if a 160'' NC buck walked up I am no diffenrent, nor am I going to state what I am going to do.

If you were hunting with me and a 200'' MI buck was walking by me and i had a shot, I am pretty sure I am shooting[8D]
Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't do any pre-season scouting on my property so I really have no idea what's running around.But I will put a friend in my best stand where he'll have the best chance of seeing deer and getting a shot
Old 06-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Dominant Buck

I wonder if a 160'' NC buck walked up I am no diffenrent, nor am I going to state what I am going to do.
Well.....to remove all temptation...(and you can ask Frank)....I walked into the woods, that morning and evening, with my longbow.

If I had a 10yd shot at the 160".......I'd shoot him. Otherwise....I'm not reaching for it. If a 160" buck walks by me in my woods.....he's a tired SOB, though.....walking that far
Old 06-20-2008, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

At my age just seeing what I packed for lunch from that morning can be fun.
LMAO!

Quick Reply: What would you do? To expound on the Greedy Question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.