Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do? To expound on the Greedy Question.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What would you do? To expound on the Greedy Question.

Family- I would set them up in the best spot!

Friends- Most likely I'm setting myself up in the best spot for that mature buck I've been scouting, chasing and hunting for on my land. The second spot will be second to none though for my friend meaning he will hopefully have a great chance as well. I guess it depends on the type of friend too though. Some friends will go the extra mile for you, I'd do it for them too and put them in the better spot then. If its a friend that doesn't really like to put the work into it I see no reason why I would set them up better then myself.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have any friends ,so I always get the best spots.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have some friends that don't have anywhere near the time I have to hunt/scout, no where near it! I would and have put friends in my best spots and they have killed deer there. Sure was a good feeling knowing my hard work paid off!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would ALWAYS put them in the best spot ......

If I were the visitor, I would never expect to go in my friends best spot, but I would, if he insisted.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I mean really, do you guys have one great stand and the rest are just places to sit and hold your bow? I put people in the places that they are comfortable and where they have the best chance for success.[:-]
Old 06-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I mean really, do you guys have one great stand and the rest are just places to sit and hold your bow? I put people in the places that they are comfortable and where they have the best chance for success.[:-]
You are such a rebel[8D]

The questions is your pretty sure a big buck is going to be around a certain stand you have. Do you ever just have that "feeling" any more? I guess at your age is tough[8D]
Old 06-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, but the "best spot" for that day is thespot I would go to if I were alone. Doesn't mean that the "second best spot" sucks, just means it would have been my second choice for that day .
Old 06-20-2008, 11:27 AM

I have situations for both.

I have a few buddies I hunt with all the time, me and one bud in particular rarely hit the woods without the other. We both scout, we both hang stands, we both work trail cams, we both put in work. That being said, we kind of fend for ourselves. We hang stands where they are equally good so as to not create rilvalries between locations. This past fall we both thought that my summer stand location developed into the best location come rut. I was bowhunting, he was rifle hunting across the farm from the ground and killed an 11 pointer from 30 yards...at the spot i turned down to perch my butt in the stand I had previously been hunting. I couldnt be happier for him. It was great, our hard work paid off. I wouldnt mind if he hunted a stand I was going to, but we dont cut in on each other like that. We collectively buy treestands and hang them together, this way all the stands are open to either of us throughout the season.

Now say someone comes down from out of town to hunt with me, say, oh idk, MN/Kyle for example. Guests get exclusive rights to the best stand sites. It is common courtesy. Heck is someone went through all the money and trouble of traveling to hunt with you, you would be a jerk to NOT give them the better spots. I'd probably tag along and film even, givin up my stand time.

Hunting is about friendships just as much as tagging a deer to me...I can't wait to share a hunt with a few who Ive met on here, I also enjoy the friendship that me and my friend formed through hunting.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a group of guy's that hunt my property. In all honesty it depends on how much they help me in the off season. There is a lot of work that goes into my property and a little help goes a long way.

There really isn't a bad stand on my place, you could kill a deer out of any of the set ups.Some are more productive than others. What I normally do is pick which stand I am going to hunt out of and the other people then pick theres. it seems to work out ok.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

You are such a rebel[8D]

The questions is your pretty sure a big buck is going to be around a certain stand you have. Do you ever just have that "feeling" any more? I guess at your age is tough[8D]
At my age just seeing what I packed for lunch from that morning can be fun. And when I get that "feeling " I stay home with the little woman ,god knows when I will get it again.

Now if it were a "mature" buck and not a "Big" buck, I'd be on it like a fat kid on Ho Ho's. [:-]

Quick Reply: What would you do? To expound on the Greedy Question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.