Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which one is better??

Old 06-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: which one is better??

Like some, I once golfed at least 4 times a week. I haven't played a round in probably 10 years.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

put put golf is fun but other then that[:'(]boring. JMO tho whatever you enjoy is fine with me. just my two cents
Old 06-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Golf is the only "sport" that I've put time, effort, and money into and I didn't get better. I've sold my clubs to give up and ended up buying all new ones 3 times now.[&:]
Old 06-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

My golf game sucked. Never once broke 100. Came close a few times... got into the upper 90's quite a bit, but never once went over. I'd played PuttPutt ever since I was a little kid so when I got on the green it was all over. It was getting on the green where my adventures were. Fortunately I always played at the community golf course where the grass was so burnt up and the ground so hard that a wormburner drive would still go 250 yards.

But then I was young and didn't know what I was doing. If I'd known anything about golf, I'd probably never hit under 150 and I could've really sucked at it. Anyway, considering the last round of golf I played was 36 years ago... I'd have to say my shooting.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

I had my handicap as low as 6. I picked up a bow and archery hungting 2 years ago, I have picked my clubs up once since thenand I have no idea when in will pick them up again. It is not just the shooting as much as the prepping for hunting for me, I just don't think of golf anymore.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gmil6184

I'm so much better at shooting bow then playing golf. Golf is probably the single most frustrating thing on the planet, I love to play but god it drives me crazy!
Nail on the head!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

your shooting or your golf game??? Im not a golfer, but Im willing to bet it's a little harder than shooting the bow....which one gets you more upset??

HAHA! Oh good Lord I was thinking about this today on the golf course!

I'm a WAY better shot with a bow than I am with a golf club.... I think today was the 20th time or so I've ever played (been playing about 3 years off and on).... its to the point where one shot in 12 is a good one and the other 11 produce a colorful web of obscenties that hang in the air as thick around Richmond as the smoke from North Carolina.

In my opinion, golf and archery have their simliarities.... I'd say that shooting a traditional bow is more similar, but even at that its more like putting than trying to hit the green from 175 out. Golf is easily ten times more difficult and probably more frustrating, but fortunately I think far less addictive (if you are a hunter anyway).
Old 06-20-2008, 08:26 PM

Well, I am new to shooting a bow but not to golf, so I will say my golf game is better. I do however think that shooting a bow is easier than hitting a golf ball. When shooting a bow you are trying to do the same thing every single time to stay consistent. With golf on the other hand you have tons of different shots(drives, pitches, chips, full swings, fairway woods, out of the rough) that it is hard to produce the same results over and over.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on the season and there are only 2:

Golf Season
Hunting Season

I can hold my own with either group without embarressment,but will never be in the top 10% of either group, due to family and life time constraints, and I'm fine with that!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dmen

I had my handicap as low as 6.
This is how I write my name on the score card:

Andy (+)

Then in the scoring box I write how many shots over par it took me to get close enough to pick it up or say the hell with it.... so when I come back to the club house with a bunch of 3s 4 s and 5s on my card everyone thinks I'm an Ace. Sometimes though I have to write a "B" in because it means the beer cart girl came around and I picked up to have an adult beverage before she moved on.

The first four holes of the round dictate what kinda day its going to be... a golf day or a drinking day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.