Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Decided on my first bow

Old 06-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Decided on my first bow

bring on the pics
Old 06-17-2008, 09:54 PM

What about bowtech?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: bowtech.tribute

What about bowtech?
He was smart.Relax, I'm kidding......sorta.

bjtiger75,

Congratulations on the new Mathews! They make EXCELLENT and dependable bows, year in and year out. Don't be so quick to switch out that Whisker Biscuit. I've been using them since they first came out and IMHO there's no better hunting rest on the market today. What I DO recommend is (if you haven't yet), look into the Mathews line of quivers. I have their two piece quiver on my Switchback LDand it's the best quiver I've seen. I'd give the Ross two piece quiver a close second. That's not to say the Tree Limb is bad as I've heard very good reviews from folks that have used them. I'm just more of a two piece quiver guy.

Welcome to the Mathews fold!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:27 AM

The closest Bowtech dealer is about a 30 mile drive from my house and I decided I wanted to buy from someone local.

ORIGINAL: bowtech.tribute

What about bowtech?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:58 PM

Well I picked up my bow about an hour ago. I decided to change the quiver and arrows after shooting the setup. I actually went with a Trophy Ridge Quiver and Carbon Impact FatShaft 6500 arrows. I also got a 29.5" draw length instead of the thirty. I set my first pin up at the shop. They have a 20 yard indoor range and I was grouping 3 arrows consistently within 3 inches. The pro shop guy thought that was pretty good considering I first shot a bow less than two weeks ago. I also decided on a TruBall Stinger release instead of the Scott. I will have pictures tonight when my wife gets home. She took my truck tto work this morning because her Expedition needed an oil change and my camera is in the truck.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I vote for the regular Dren......butstill solid choice with the DXT!

I'd get a different rest though.....if he's a pro he can set it up right no problem...some other rest....

If I were starting out from scratch I'd probably get a drop away.....limb driver.