Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it meritorious or pathetic?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is it meritorious or pathetic?

I agree Scot. Like I said before, I have most of my basic needs. I'm a good enough shot with my equipment to make ethical kills. So, I'll even admit I don't shoot quite as much as I have in the past years. I just try to spend more time actually enjoying my sport rather than trying to keep up with the Jone's.I really do love checkingmy trail cam though. I'm like a kid at Christmas when it comes to that!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:14 PM

not a gadget guy, but see some cool things.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Read the bottom line, thats what I like about deer hunting.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with AR bowhunter. But I think hunters goes through stages, the equipment/gadget stage, the I have kill a limit stage, and then eventually you settle in to relying on your skills in the woods and hunting whatever it is that makes you happy as a hunter. For me it's mature whitetails but everyone is different and everyone has their own thing. To each his own..........
Old 06-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: peakrut

I try to believe in K.I.S.S.
I just hope you don't need to explain what that means.
Kenosha Is Super Sexy
I just noticed you joined HNI 15 days after me, and have 5334 more post's than me. What's up with that?
I have no life and for every post I make Schultzy ask me to explain myself

plus last time i checked 9/25/2005 - 9/12/2005 = 13 Pennsylvania math is unique[8D]
Old 06-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Fork Horn

i like to think its a little pathetic, for one reason.. when my dad used to go hunting and come home with these big deer season after season.. he had nothing but heavy layers on, a pack of cigs, and a rifle.. no cameras like i got, no deer licks, no feeders, scent lock? AHHAHAh yeah right.. and yet.. he bagged one every single year.. and it took me 8 years to get my first.. and i got all these gadgets and stuff.. man.. im pathetic myself. slightly... how did they do it in the old days?