Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it meritorious or pathetic?

Old 06-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is it meritorious or pathetic?

I can't believe the money that is pizzed away on bow hunting gadgets,when everybody knows your success is based solely on the quantity and placement of your window stickers.[:-]
Old 06-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good question

Where is the line between what is a gadget and what is a tool?
Is camo a Gadget?
Is a Grunt Tube a Gadget?
Are Bino's a Gadget
Is GPSdevice a Gadget?
Range Finder?
Blind?
Treestand?

For example Gregh uses a grunt tube as a tool for his hunting, I myself do not like grunt tubes. Does that make agrunt tube a gadet to me? I think not IMO.
People hunt with differnet tools, try differnet methods. If it works for them, have at it.

Gregh has killed a lot of big deer using his medthods, so have a lot of others guys. I pretty much have different arrows, BH and camo every year. Because I like to try new things, I like hunting gear. Gregh would kill big bucks with a bear whitetail bow and 2 blade broadhead.

Besides hunting is all about You know
Old 06-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

See my updated explanation of gadget and its use cause I couldn’t come up with a better phrase.

Like I said toys are cool and using things to see if they work is fine. I was more focused on people throwing money at gear in hopes they will find that one magical missing link. Rather than focusing on their actual hunting style/technique/method to bring them success.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

See my updated explanation of gadget and its use cause I couldn’t come up with a better phrase.

Like I said toys are cool and using things to see if they work is fine. I was more focused on people throwing money at gear in hopes they will find that one magical missing link. Rather than focusing on their actual hunting style/technique/method to bring them success.
I cannot either[8D]

Another mans tool, is another mans Gadget--- man that did not come out right
Old 06-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Ok here is how I look at it...Do I need the gadgets to be a better hunter? No. Do I love to hunt? Yes. Do I like tinkering with new gadgets because I have an aspiration to do engineering/mechanical tinkering? Yes.

With that said I buy gadgets within my means to suffice both of my hobbies. I can probably go kill any elk or deer with a compund, some arrows, and broadheads, on any given day if I study the animals enough, and no the gadgets won't help me find the animals but it is sure fun tinkering with new things. I gues what I am saying is that some of us get gadgets to feed our "tinkering minds" and for that it is good. Have fun always first and foremost.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AZHuntr

Ok here is how I look at it...Do I need the gadgets to be a better hunter? No. Do I love to hunt? Yes. Do I like tinkering with new gadgets because I have an aspiration to do engineering/mechanical tinkering? Yes.

With that said I buy gadgets within my means to suffice both of my hobbies. I can probably go kill any elk or deer with a compund, some arrows, and broadheads, on any given day if I study the animals enough, and no the gadgets won't help me find the animals but it is sure fun tinkering with new things. I gues what I am saying is that some of us get gadgets to feed our "tinkering minds" and for that it is good. Have fun always first and foremost.
Thats a good answer and an angle I did not think of. I have tinkered with every single part of my set-up because to me, it is fun and there is always the off chance i will stumbe onto something (the latest is gluing lead shot in the inserts to increase FOC) - in that way I guess I am a gadget person entirely.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another mans tool, is another mans Gadget
I just lost all respect for you with that line. In fact, I even feel a little betrayed by the Man upstairs.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Another mans tool, is another mans Gadget
I just lost all respect for you with that line. In fact, I even feel a little betrayed by the Man upstairs.
I am sorry, LOL It just did not come across the right way[8D]
Old 06-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Bartender

I try to believe in K.I.S.S.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: peakrut

I try to believe in K.I.S.S.
I just hope you don't need to explain what that means.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.