Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SHOT PLACEMENT

Old 06-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default SHOT PLACEMENT

I'm sick and tired of the Broadhead threads.

Shot placement is more important to killing a deer than which fricking broadhead is on the end of your arrow!!!! Any well placed shot with aSHARP broadheadwill put a deer down in seconds.

Get over it people!! There I feel better now.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SHOT PLACEMENT

That's not true, everyone knows only Rage 2 blades kill deer...haha
Old 06-16-2008, 05:47 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Very true. More dead is sort of an oxymoron.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

i agree
Old 06-16-2008, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Shot placement is more important to killing a deer than which fricking broadhead is on the end of your arrow!!!! Any well placed shot with aSHARP broadheadwill put a deer down in seconds.

X2, about time someone said this, really that post about mechs. not opening wasnt a thread about which is better he simply asked if anyone had a bad experience with them not opening and then it turned into a fight, like you said shot placement is what counts, i am sure the indians didnt have 100 some broadheads to choose fromso if you like mech BH's that is fine if you like fixed BH's that is fine too, everyone has their own equipment which they like best for certain reasons.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely. People think that huge mechanicals and various other gadgets will make up for their lack of preparation and practice. Unfortunately for many, those big broadheads dont do there jobs, not because they dont work, but because the archer made a bad shot.

However, the fact that I AM human, and despite thousands of hours practicing, marginal shots do happen. I do my best to control that "uncontrolled" variable by using the most lethal equipment possible.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm learning that alot of the people on here haven't even killed a deer, so opinions on equipment....
I kinda pic and choose who I get information from.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree whole heartedly...

BUT

I would be willing to bet that I shoot as much if not more than anyone on the forums. I practice a lot. Whether it's my hunting bow, or my competition bow, I'm still shooting. Come hunting season, I'll still be shooting. The thing is though, I'm confident I can execute shots but I shoot a bigger cutting head (Rage), because marginal shots DO happen. They will happen to anyone, I just feel that they give me better odds if something does happen.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

That didn't take much to get you feeling better.

Dan

Quick Reply: SHOT PLACEMENT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.