Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SHOT PLACEMENT

Old 06-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SHOT PLACEMENT

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

I agree its more about shot placement than the head. you could do it with a field tip with good shot placement but please use a broad head
You got it RH!

Good thread John!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shot placement is more important to killing a deer than which fricking broadhead is on the end of your arrow!!!! Any well placed shot with aSHARP broadheadwill put a deer down in seconds.

Get over it people!! There I feel better now.
I would just change this to:

Shot placement and sufficient penetration is more important to killing a deer than which fricking broadhead is on the end of your arrow!!!! Any well placed shot with aSHARP broadheadwill put a deer down in seconds.

Now I agree.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: joshw020

ORIGINAL: kingvjack

I'm learning that alot of the people on here haven't even killed a deer, so opinions on equipment....
I kinda pic and choose who I get information from.
You aint kiddin' . . . I'm still not quite positive what a "pro staffer" is or does, butit'sshocking to see how VERY little it takes to become one
Am I supposed to take that personally?
Pro-Staff generally isn't a glorified status as much as it is advertisement.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:09 AM

And a finely tuned set up increases penetration allowing an arror to impact straight on the target....
Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 AM

I think anyone would agree that shot placement is paramount with any kind of hunting be it rifle or bow but this is where my agreement with you stops. I think it is great that we are always looking for the best possible broadhead with discussions, testing etc.. That is the whole point of the forum and if you don't like the thread then don't read it. If you would like to talk about something else then go ahead and do it, no one is forcing you finger to click on that thread. I personally like the broadhead threads because as we all know there are some that do not perform as advertised and we as the elected population control officials need to sort through the crap and find out what works and why and what does not. Now I do agree that some of the arguments are redundant but if I don't like what I am reading or say I have heard this before then I simply stop reading. I am off of my soap box.