Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, enough hear- say....

Old 06-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ok, enough hear- say....

You don't needto convince meof their devistation, I want to hear if anyone has experienced failure , Im tired of hearing the arguement and arguing that issue with no real solid evidence or record of it. I mean I probably won't go out and buy em, but I will no loger argue that they fail to open if they in fact do open. so who has had a bad experience with the mech heads, it doesn't have to be a Rage head....
Why don't you buy them yourself and see what happens? Try hunting with them. What is the point of your thread? Does the percentage have to be some number before you'll try them? They are GREAT heads from everything I've read on here and what folks I know that use them. have told me.What more do you want? I use G5 Montechs, and love them from PERSONAL experience.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Skipped through most of this post. I tried various Rockets years ago. The heads completely fell apart on 3 deer (ferrules bents, tips laid over sideways or ripped out, blades missing, etc.), and only got 3" of penetration on a textbook broadside hit, using a 65# bow. (All fortunately recovered.) I tossed the rest of those heads. Haven't had any damage to heads or penetration problems since switching to welded, one-piece cut-on-contacts.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:36 PM

valor do you have a personal problem with this thread? I asked to hear about failures to see if they actually occur as much as people say they do. I don't want to try them, never have and never will. This is the second time you have chimed in on a post of mine with some sort of agitation. If you don't like the thread then don't respond.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

not sure why this had to turn into an argument, i think a lot of people could have learned something, if most of the posts were on topic, and not an argument with another member.
Because that's GMMAT's style, you havn't learned that yet
Old 06-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used Rocket Steelhead 100's and Grim Reaper Razorcut 100's for several seasons with several kills(6 rocket 3 Grim)and 0 failures. I did damage1 of eachduring 2 seperate spine shots but they still inflicted massive damage resulting in dead deer. That being said I also shoot Rocket Ultimate Steel 100's fixed blades and I love them but have lost a blade on one at some point during entry of the deer.

A tuned bow withgood kinetic energy, good arrow flight, anda sharp broadhead seems to work well.

I don't shoot Rages but I also don't believe they are junk. As long as a broadhead is well built and sharp and you add it to an already good hunting set up it mainly comes down to taking good shots and shot placement. My dad is kind of cheap, he buys mechanicals from Wal-Mart, I think they are called Game Trackers or something like that, 14.95 for three (he got them on clearance for 7.50). They shoot good, they are sharp, and work as advertised but I'm almost certain most here wouldn't buy or hunt with them. It all comes down to personal preference he swears by them and has had good results, could he convince you to try them? Probably not, but then again he wouldn't even try anyway.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:54 PM

Nope, noone is going to convince me to shoot any mech BH, I don't even want too, but I do want to find out if people have problems with them, and so far it doesn't seem that many have issues with them.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:54 PM
New Sheriff

I have somewhere around20 dead deer that can attest that the spitfires worked as advertised. That's shooting them from the first Reflex model to ever be produced.

I'll let yall know how well they do from my X Force.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:58 PM

they should be deadly from the X Force, I have never seen a bow shoot with such power in my life. Last season I shot multiple deer with the X force with an arrow that was entirely too light....309 gr at 73# and 309 fps. Never had a problem with penetration, just did n't shoot the bow well at all on the range. I n the woods, it was money.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

1%
I thought this thread was made to determine a %-age......not state an off the wall number and cite it as fact????

Anyways.....I suppose everyone against the mechanicals will be shooting traditional tackle, this year? Less moving parts....and it's a tried and true method!

I'm assuming the answer to my uestion is a resounding...."No.....I'll shoot my compound.....because it is a tried and true piece of equipment". So....I'll cite the same reasoning for shooting my mechanicals (when I'm not shooting traditional equipment).

And,......honestly....if your mind's made up....and you KNOW you won't shoot them (mechanicals)......WHY do you care? Honest question. What will you glean from this post?

Who cares Jeff? Its an open internet forum. You don't have to be thirsty to have a beer around this place. You ought to know a thing or three about pointless BS threads yourself.... looking for opinions and thoughts and meanings... your usual comment to folks who question your motivation behind some of your threads that often go 10+ pages and way off topic is "Its my thread.. you don't have to post." And I personally like that attitude.. seriously I do. Nobody has to post, read or have reason here.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:10 PM

LMAO!!! Swamp, yousaid it!! What a great statement, if ya don't like the thread then don't respond. I wasn't looking for an arguement I was honestly trying to find out why some Mech BH get a bad rap. I know Swamp could chime in on this, he has a wealth of knowledge and quite a few yrs under his belt, let's just say he kind of does this for a living.....I know his thoughts on the topic and I have already taken that into consideration before I posted the question. Swamp is one of the guys on here that will tell you straight, he will tell why or why not and give you legit reasons for his answers. RESPECT!!!!

Quick Reply: Ok, enough hear- say....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.