Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, enough hear- say....

Old 06-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ok, enough hear- say....

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

I can't wait to see if you're as funny, in person!
Better yet....you can just call me that when I see ya.
Are those personal threats Jeff?
It wouldn't be the first ones

Dan
Wonderful![&:]

I disagree with you and your stance so, well...........let's fight about it!

That's too funny! Doesn't that break some kind of rule?

Old 06-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

No "threat", Danno. I mean it. And if I'd personally threatened you.....you'd have cried to the mods faster than you did inthat Atlas thread.

(Oh ****.....I feel a "No YOU'RE a Shmoopie" rant coming on!)
You need to get your stories straight Jeffy Boy. I NEVER CRY to the mods

Dan
Old 06-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, if you don't think that you can get into the heart from that entry hole in Jeff's picture- you might need a little anatomy lesson of your own, bub.
Gotta agree. The "anatomy picture posted has the deer standing with is right foot back and Jeff's deer has his right leg forward quite a bit. You move that leg back to where it would be in int's natural postions and that shot is tucked right behind the shoulder or so it would appear. I certainly wouldn't doubt that it was a heart shot.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Dan, if you don't think that you can get into the heart from that entry hole in Jeff's picture- you might need a little anatomy lesson of your own, bub.
Possible yeah, likely no? especially since I think i remember the story behind it

Not everyone can be the King!

Dan
Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you guys promise to stop acting like children, I'll let you see a "real" heart shot.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was gonna post my findings here, but I see it's just one big arguement going on so I'll pm them instead.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

If you guys promise to stop acting like children, I'll let you see a "real" heart shot.

Nice Pic!!

Here's another Heart shot

Dan

Old 06-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

not sure why this had to turn into an argument, i think a lot of people could have learned something, if most of the posts were on topic, and not an argument with another member.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Dominant Buck

In the early days I think they had problems by design. Now days I think the problems arise when people push the envelope. When people start shooting them a low poundage and with low kenetic energy is when problems develope. I would bet that just about everyone that's had problems did so when shooting them when they should have stuck to cut on contact heads. Poorly tuned bows will also cause problems. Just asking the question.... "who had problems" is pretty much useless without knowing the specifics of poundage, K.E., distances etc. Me, I just don't like them but that'sa personnal thing. Never shot them. I see no need to fix something that isn't broken.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You kill me Dan.....lol.

Once again we have a mechanical BH thread......and the biggest detractor (who admits he will NEVER use them.....but just can't for the life of him stayaway from the threads discussing them)isn't even secure enough in his argument to discuss the merits of his stance.So instead he stoops to weak attempts at personal, derogatory comments.

SO typical.[&:]

VA...no one here is trying to tell you NOT to shoot a fixed head. THAT'S what "we" get from "your" side. I don't actually care what you shoot. It doesn't affect me in the least.

but if both heads are put into both lungs the deer is going to die in 10 seconds either way right??? 1" vs 2"????

And, quite likely, form a 3/4". Why don't you just shoot a 3/4" head and hope for the best?

Care to post your perfect heart shot pic again?
And since you asked.....I will! I LOVE this pic!

BTW...that was a Muzzy 3 blade. I can only assume (from my experience with the head I employ, now) the trauma would have been much more massive had I been shooting the RAGE!
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, because for some strangereason I don't think he's quite dead yet.But, and I'm not calling Jeff a lier,it seems to me that buck would have had to be directly under him for that to have been a heart shot. One last observation. If you wanted to show that deer asbeing heart shot, which I would have, wouldn't you have theexit side showing? If it was indeed a heart shot, it would have had to be on the exit of the hit.

Quick Reply: Ok, enough hear- say....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.