Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, enough hear- say....

Old 06-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ok, enough hear- say....

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'n not taking a jab at you, Dan. I'm using YOUR "logic" (however flawed it may be....I'll let you decide).

You cite the reason someone might defend their choice of products"to the end" as a sign their judgement (and I won't go as far as to say integrity) "could be" compromised.

Hell...as far as I know....none of us touting mechanicalsare being compensated for our reviews. What's immatature/a"jab"aboutusing YOUR"logic"?

When we hear you tout your bow choice "to the end"....what are WE to think? Do you really believe in the product.....OR...is your review "bought and paid for"? You'd have me believe the former, i suppose. I just don't see why we don't get the same benefit of the doubt.
Bought and Paid for and the Secret connections is Your Logic[8D]

Believe it or not Jeff 40 years experience does mean something, but I guess if I had your experience I wouldn't believe it either

Like I said use what you want and in all likelyhood you will have no problem. It's just one part of the equation I chose to eliminateIf there were any Advantages I might take the risk.

Care to draw from your wealth of knowledge and tell me what all those advantages are?

Dan
Old 06-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use mech!!! I agree fixed or mech placed right will kill equally but I believe the mech. will give you an advantage on a bad shot because of the size of the hole but that is only my opinion. I have never heard of one not opening on impact but I have heard of them opening early. Walt
Old 06-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Care to draw from your wealth of knowledge and tell me what all those advantages are?
Aside from putting a bigger hole in the spot my arrow enters and exits the animal (than the head you're using)I'm trying to kill......I can't think of too many. Ialso can't think of a BETTER advantage!

'Course.....I didn't have to hunt 40 years to figure that one out. It only took me one season, 7 dead deer and half a brain to figure that one out. Hell any man with a tape measure (regardless of his time in the woods hunting deer) could do the same thing in about 10 seconds. Some people......it might take longer (to grasp this "intricacy"), I concur.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Aside from putting a bigger hole in the spot my arrow enters and exits the animal (than the head you're using)I'm trying to kill......I can't think of too many. Ialso can't think of a BETTER advantage!

'Course.....I didn't have to hunt 40 years to figure that one out. It only took me one season, 7 dead deer and half a brain to figure that one out. Hell any man with a tape measure (regardless of his time in the woods hunting deer) could do the same thing in about 10 seconds. Some people......it might take longer (to grasp this "intricacy"), I concur.
With the current head I am using I have Killed a couple dozen animals of 3 different species and have yet to have to Blood Trail one. You think I need a Bigger hole?

How many times do you shoot each Deer?[8D]JK/ing!!

Care to post your perfect heart shot pic again?

Dan
Old 06-16-2008, 02:37 PM

I would like to hear more about opening too early... what is that?? Are mech supposed to open as soon as the tip hits resistance or are they supposed to open before??/ so what if they do open before, wouldn't that be like shooting a fixed head?? I seriously do not know here, this is why I asked in the post for failures and reasons.. I like muzzy heads and maybe slick tricks because I know that they will punch through anything I shoot if it's place properly, can Ifind anyone on here that can tell me why not to shoot a fixed head, so anyone on here have any reasons why they shoot mechs over fixed??? if a head cuts 2" vs a 1" IS THE DEER GOING TO DIE FASTER ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL?? I understand the bad shot scenrio with the Rage, but if both heads are put into both lungs the deer is going to die in 10 seconds either way right??? 1" vs 2"????
Old 06-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Dominant Buck

You kill me Dan.....lol.

I can't wait to see if you're as funny, in person!

Once again we have a mechanical BH thread......and the biggest detractor (who admits he will NEVER use them.....but just can't for the life of him stayaway from the threads discussing them)isn't even secure enough in his argument to discuss the merits of his stance.So instead he stoops to weak attempts at personal, derogatory comments.

SO typical.[&:]

VA...no one here is trying to tell you NOT to shoot a fixed head. THAT'S what "we" get from "your" side. I don't actually care what you shoot. It doesn't affect me in the least.

but if both heads are put into both lungs the deer is going to die in 10 seconds either way right??? 1" vs 2"????

And, quite likely, form a 3/4". Why don't you just shoot a 3/4" head and hope for the best?

Care to post your perfect heart shot pic again?
And since you asked.....I will! I LOVE this pic!

BTW...that was a Muzzy 3 blade. I can only assume (from my experience with the head I employ, now) the trauma would have been much more massive had I been shooting the RAGE!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ilke both. If youshoot them through the lungs they should die quick either way. I like mechanicals b/c of the big holes and b/c they are more forgiving of my mistakes. I am not always shooting from the same postion that I am in practice, while I am hunting, and sometimes I probably grip the handle a little too tight when the adrenaline is flowing and I may cant the bow a little on an angled shot from the tree or the wind may be gusty and I simply feel like the mechanicals is more forgiving in those situations and therefore give my the greatest oppurtunity to make a quick clean kill. For others that are naturally great shots, or have naturally great form, or have the natural ability to stay completely calm, this may not be the case. But for me, I am none of the things listed above, though my composure has come along way, so I feel like the mechanical is the best option for me. That coupled with the fact that I have killed quite a few deer with them gives me a great deal of confidence in them and IMO the best ting you can carry to the woods or the water with you isconfidence.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, Again since you seem to fail to comprehend. I have used more mechanicals than you you have screwed on the end of your arrow, and I've killed 4 times the animals with mechanicals alone than you have total.

I think that gives me the right to post on this or any other thread I choose to.

Guys you gotta Love that heartshot!!

Dan
Old 06-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

You kill me Dan.....lol.

I can't wait to see if you're as funny, in person!

Once again we have a mechanical BH thread......and the biggest detractor (who admits he will NEVER use them.....but just can't for the life of him stay away from the threads discussing them) isn't even secure enough in his argument to discuss the merits of his stance. So instead he stoops to weak attempts at personal, derogatory comments.

SO typical.[&:]
Maybe he was trying to show his maturity?? I'm just sayin....
Old 06-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, are you saying that's a heart shot?How was the deer standing in relation to you?

Quick Reply: Ok, enough hear- say....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.