Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, enough hear- say....

Old 06-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ok, enough hear- say....

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

1%
I thought this thread was made to determine a %-age......not state an off the wall number and cite it as fact????

Anyways.....I suppose everyone against the mechanicals will be shooting traditional tackle, this year? Less moving parts....and it's a tried and true method!

I'm assuming the answer to my uestion is a resounding...."No.....I'll shoot my compound.....because it is a tried and true piece of equipment". So....I'll cite the same reasoning for shooting my mechanicals (when I'm not shooting traditional equipment).

And,......honestly....if your mind's made up....and you KNOW you won't shoot them (mechanicals)......WHY do you care? Honest question. What will you glean from this post?
He does have a point!
Old 06-16-2008, 01:38 PM

I won't shoot them either way, but at least I will know if mech heads are worth all the hype. I think they have come along ways over the years, I don't care what people shoot, I just want to know more about the operation of the heads. Are they trustworthy, I have many people ask me about the mech heads mainly Rage and all I can tell em is that they leave huge holes and they may or may not open..........
Old 06-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Dan I understand, I won't shoot them either, 1% is still too much of a chance for me, but Im just interested the stats if you will. I want to hear from real people that have had failure. You are right, this thread will likely end up in the trash, I was hoping to get some unbiased info, but it won't happen.
You are right you will get very little useful info on a thread like this. People think what they shoot is best and will defend it to the end

I have nothing against mechanicals and have always been lured by the gadgetry aspect as many are, but with my much experience with them,and the fact thatI do Not see Any advantage whatsoever over what I currently shoot. I'll refrain

Dan
Old 06-16-2008, 01:40 PM

I used 1% as a reference point. I don't have % of this, that's why I posted the thread Jeff.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Dominant Buck

You are right you will get very little useful info on a thread like this. People think what they shoot is best and will defend it to the end
You mean.....like a Bowtech staffer might? And there's NO validity to these mech shooters'claims??

V E R Y interesting...........
Old 06-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess you could say the same thing about all the accessories used on Compounds these days! How many had D-loop failures and ended up punching themselves in the face, how many drop a ways failed how many cracked limbs etc, etc, etc... Nothing is 100% including the archer so this argument could go on for decades!
Old 06-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have never had one fail but I have had a bad experience from one. NAP shockwave.

I will be the first to admit that the shot was a little far back and I think I ended up pushing the elk and never found him. Not recovering the elk was my fault and a very hard lesson learned.

On to the head..... The shot was too far back (liver). Being a mechanical I did not get much of an entrance wound and the arrow only stuck out the offside. So with no entrance wound to speak of and the arrow plugging the exit wound the blood trail was sparce at best. Had I been using a good fixed head like my current slick tricks there is no doubt in my mind that the arrow would have completely passed through the elk, I would have had an arrow to examine the type of shot, there would have been a huge entrance hole, and chances of recovering that elk would have been much higher.

While I doubt that the head failed, hind sight being what it is, I sure wish i had a fixed blade head on that hunt.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I have never had one fail but I have had a bad experience from one. NAP shockwave.

I will be the first to admit that the shot was a little far back and I think I ended up pushing the elk and never found him. Not recovering the elk was my fault and a very hard lesson learned.

On to the head..... The shot was too far back (liver). Being a mechanical I did not get much of an entrance wound and the arrow only stuck out the offside. So with no entrance wound to speak of and the arrow plugging the exit wound the blood trail was sparce at best. Had I been using a good fixed head like my current slick tricks there is no doubt in my mind that the arrow would have completely passed through the elk, I would have had an arrow to examine the type of shot, there would have been a huge entrance hole, and chances of recovering that elk would have been much higher.

While I doubt that the head failed, hind sight being what it is, I sure wish i had a fixed blade head on that hunt.
Not doubting what you said because it makes perfect sense, but if you never recovered the elk how do you know the entrance wound was small?
Old 06-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
You mean.....like a Bowtech staffer might? And there's NO validity to these mech shooters'claims??

V E R Y interesting...........
Taking Jabs at me onlyshows your immaturity

Dan
Old 06-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Dominant Buck

I'n not taking a jab at you, Dan. I'm using YOUR "logic" (however flawed it may be....I'll let you decide).

You cite the reason someone might defend their choice of products"to the end" as a sign their judgement (and I won't go as far as to say integrity) "could be" compromised.

Hell...as far as I know....none of us touting mechanicalsare being compensated for our reviews. What's immatature/a"jab"aboutusing YOUR"logic"?

When we hear you tout your bow choice "to the end"....what are WE to think? Do you really believe in the product.....OR...is your review "bought and paid for"? You'd have me believe the former, i suppose. I just don't see why we don't get the same benefit of the doubt.

Quick Reply: Ok, enough hear- say....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.