Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tell us something (hunting or animal-related) that we don't know.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Default RE: Tell us something (hunting or animal-related) that we don't know.

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

'Possums have a forked penis.

Raccoons have a fairly large penis bone. The bone can be sharpened and used as a toothpick. I use one to stir my coffee. Justin had one on his desk for a long time. Not sure where he put it.
What does that coffee taste like?[:'(]
Justin, bro...lol

To add to this, old timers love coon penises for some reason. Had a guy tell us to cut the **** out of every boar we kill, he even offered to pay for um. Weird fettish ordeliverance rewritten, neither of us wanted to be the ones to drop em off though. lmao We ended up givin em to my buddies grandad.

ORIGINAL: mobow
Ok.....lemme see if I understand this. If there are, let's say...100 monkeys on the planet, and of that population only 80 (80%) are monkeys......What, in the sam hell, are the other 20? Lobsters??
actually, that population is 100% monkeys. This guy is just saying their are more animals out there, which makes those 100 monkeys only 80% of the entire population. I think primate population is a better word here. Monkeys make up 100% of monkey population, but i think he means monkeys only make up 80% of all primates. Look at it this way there are 80 monkeys out there....but there are 20 other primates that make up the rest of the total population.

I actually thought he was being a smartarse at first, because of the wording,which was crackin me up...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tsoc

As a result of reading this incredibly informational thread I have determined which animals I am most similar to.Apparently the lion and the pig.
That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went to see the Lion King on Broadway - there was no sex. What a freakin ripoff.

More useless caterpillar stuff - Everybody in the Northeast is more than familiar with these guys:

The Eastern Tent Caterpillar - total pain in the ass.

Egg Sac

Female Tent Moths lay egg masses of 100 to 300 eggs around a twig in mid-summer. The egg mass is very dark.
The eggs overwinter and hatch the following Spring. When the larvae (caterpillars) hatch, they are small. They immediately climb up the tree to a crotch of branches and build a silk tent. They leave the tent during the day to feed and return to it at night. As the caterpillars eat and grow larger, the tent grows larger also. It can get to be about two feet long.

Eastern Tent Caterpillar Moths especially prefer Black Cherry as a host plant (preferred food plant).

Due to extremely high predation rates, hardly any of the caterpillars will successfully reach the cocoon stage. Even fewer will pupate into an adultmoth. The adult is pretty damn big and scary - its bodycan be nearly 2 inches long. Sorta like a pterodactyl, only smaller.

Tentworm Cocoon

The MothmanCometh
Old 06-17-2008, 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

Ok.....lemme see if I understand this. If there are, let's say...100 monkeys on the planet, and of that population only 80 (80%) are monkeys......What, in the sam hell, are the other 20? Lobsters??
Lobsters? Are you serious. Actually, they are not entirely sure what the other 20% are, but researchers believe that it is some kind of an aquatic bird.

Am I serious?? If they are some kind of aquatic bird, they can't be monkeys now, can they? It's like......is a bird a bird or is a bird a monkey? I'm gonna go ahead and bet you that if you look them up, you'll discover that they are indeed quite different. First of all, birds aren't mammals, monkeys are. Birds have wings and feathers, monkeys don't.

You aren't one of these people I read about that shoots a goat during deer season and checks it in as a deer are you?? Hell, at least they're both mammals.....and have 4 legs...and fur.....That's at least closer than a monkey and a bird....

SOMETHING tells me.......our legs are being pulled on this one. I simply cannot fathom that somebody would actually think that 20% of the world's monkey population is something other than......Monkeys.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:37 PM

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]

actually, that population is 100% monkeys. This guy is just saying their are more animals out there, which makes those 100 monkeys only 80% of the entire population. I think primate population is a better word here. Monkeys make up 100% of monkey population, but i think he means monkeys only make up 80% of all primates. Look at it this way there are 80 monkeys out there....but there are 20 other primates that make up the rest of the total population.

I actually thought he was being a smartarse at first, because of the wording,which was crackin me up...
Yeah, I was kind of giving him the benefit of the doubt....until the "aquatic bird" statement was made...... All I can really say is...........HUH??

Old 06-17-2008, 04:03 PM

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]

Yeah, I was kind of giving him the benefit of the doubt....until the "aquatic bird" statement was made...... All I can really say is...........HUH??

LMAO! youve never heard of aquatic bird-monkeys? I missed that the first time around. i just spit out my coke...

Am I serious?? If they are some kind of aquatic bird, they can't be monkeys now, can they? It's like......is a bird a bird or is a bird a monkey?
LMAO!

I still think he is being a smartarse and just ruffling everyone's feathers. I think the comment was made as a joke, hopefully....
Old 06-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

LMAO! I can't go on, guy's I'm joking, I watched in on "Strange Wilderness", the movie with Steve Zahn. Actually the 80% stat came from there, but the rest I made up. I think I'm most proud of the aquatic bird part.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually the 80% stat came from there
Wherever it came from, it's dead wrong, so now we can blame that show. No matter how many specimens you have within a given species, 100% of them are whatever they are. If they're not that species, then they're something else.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

this is funny....... although really confusing lol
Old 06-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

LMAO! I can't go on, guy's I'm joking, I watched in on "Strange Wilderness", the movie with Steve Zahn. Actually the 80% stat came from there, but the rest I made up. I think I'm most proud of the aquatic bird part.

That was good stuff... I was wondering how long you were gonna be able to hold out with that one.

Quick Reply: Tell us something (hunting or animal-related) that we don't know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.