Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

German Kinetics-Have you seen these razors!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:09 AM

Default German Kinetics-Have you seen these razors!

I was down at my local pro shop today and talking about broadheads with the owner and he showed me what he has been using for the past three years now and explainedthe success that he has had with them. As a little background I have never dealt with anyone in the industry withmore experience then him and he almost always talks me into a cheaper options and explains why, except here. The broadheads I am talking about are called German Kinetics made 100% in Germany and retail for about 85 dollars for three with a lifetime guarantee and Free sharpening for life. I am telling you that I have never felt a broadhead or a knife for that matterwith an edge quite like these and the machining was flawless. The owner of the store told me he can shoot these into a broadhead target approximately 40 times before their edge is dulled down to that of a factory G-5 Montec (his second favorite) or the likes. I know this is a lot of dough but I am actually thinking of dropping the hammer on these bad boys and wanted to know what you all think. I have never minded paying a little extra for something that plays a very important role and that will last. For those of you that are going to look up these google the name but go to the german site translated in English.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:27 AM

Default RE: German Kinetics-Have you seen these razors!

It's money well spent, that's what I think Of course, I'm using them, so a little bias here. I'll never understand for the life of me why it's o.k. to drop $1000 plus on a bow and accessories, $150 for arrows and then chintzing on the part that actually does the killing. If you like them go get them. They will not dissapoint.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Silver Flames have quite a reputation and I don't think you will find too many that will argue with the quality of construction. However, at $85 for 3 I will not be using them. There are too many other options that while not German engineered to the precision of the Silver Flames will leave game just as dead without compromising performance.

A Silver Flame off of a rock after a passthrough would break my heart and I don't know if that falls under the lifetime guarantee. Also if the arrow stays in the animal and gets tossed and lost which has happened to me on more than one occasion that's a $40 loss with the arrow.

They are great, but too rich for my blood.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care if they track the deer anddrag it home I ain't payin' $85.00 for three broadheads.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

It's money well spent, that's what I think Of course, I'm using them, so a little bias here. I'll never understand for the life of me why it's o.k. to drop $1000 plus on a bow and accessories, $150 for arrows and then chintzing on the part that actually does the killing. If you like them go get them. They will not dissapoint.
I hear that!!!!!! If I was looking for a change to my Compound set up, this head would be on the business end of my arrows no questions asked!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

I use 100gr. SilverFlames & 100gr. G5 Strikers exclusively.
The SilverFlames are worth every penny & fly right with my field points
out to 50 yards.

Don't knock them if you haven't tried them.

Rob
Old 06-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not knocking them. But like others have said, I am not laying out $85 for 3 heads knowing that I am going to blow through watever I shoot and ruin the broadhead when it hits the rocks on the other side. Where I hunt in the hills whether you hit or miss you ruin the head becauseit's so rocky. With the KE that I am shooting (78 lbs) I have been getting passthroughs with mechanicals for years on everything from 100 lb does to 300 lb midwest bucks. When I hunt in the river bottoms that wouldn't be an issue but then I would have to switch heads to hunt from one terrain to the other. I just don't see the point in fixing something that isn't broke. Now, if I were picking a headfor my wife whom was only going to shoot at a deer or 2 a year and KE and shot placement were potential issues then I can see making the investment. Because I am sure they are truely awesome heads. But for me I will stick with my mechanicals.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:37 AM

From what I understand damage related to all hunting is covered but then again they might say "It looks as though this was fired into a concrete wall, thats abuse" but who knows. The fact that they fly very close to field points is something I have heard and read multiple times now, not just what is statedby some on the package or commercial.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not knocking the head but as long as I can buy 1 dozen Muzzy's for less than 3 of these heads that's what I'm going to do. Muzzy's have never failed me and all of the deer that I've shot with them are just a dead.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:57 AM

I am not against Muzzy's, they have a phenomenal record but I will say that I believe their edge quality is not what it used to be, nor many other companies. There was not one muzzy factory fresh that we took out of the box that did not need some extra sharpening. They cryo treat the silver flames which gives them an amazing edge holding ability. I know a guy that sends his razor to a company that cryo treats them and swears by it saying he can get 10 times the life out of them.

Quick Reply: German Kinetics-Have you seen these razors!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.