Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

German Kinetics-Have you seen these razors!

Old 06-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: German Kinetics-Have you seen these razors!

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

However, the statement above is what irked me. In one fell swoop, this poster questioned both the durability of the SF head and the integrity of the lifetime warranty (when used in hunting situations).
I didn't know they had a warranty and couldn't care less.
SA,
It sounds like you're the one who's in need of some Nyquil. I assure you- I simply don't drink coffee, at all. Nor do I drink Coke or Pepsi or any of that ilk. Milk OJ & Apple juice for me, thanks..........

Now- as for your statment quoted above....... you admit to being in the dark about the GK warranty and even worse, you wish to remain in the dark! Two points to you for going into a discussion with an open mind!

You don't need a FedEx Center to MAIL one (or two) BHs back to Vince in Colorado- a simple US Post Office will do. Stop making up ridiculous scenarios (two pass throughs on two deer in one day resulting in two broken BH's?? As if the impact of your arrow on the animal isn't going to slow it down at all? So your KE & FPS numbers are WAY off as these wouldn't be the numbers when the BH hit the rocks that your arrows seems to have a magnetic attraction to) in an attempt to prove a baseless point.

Who is going to drop two deer in one day and not stop to smell the freakin' roses? How 'bout you take the time to field dress your deer & get them out of bush? Who takes two deer in one day (by your account mind you- you said two pass throughs in one day is not uncommon- unless you're gutshooting them ) and isn't happier than a fox in a henhouse?

Lastly, there's this thing called an archery tackle box- it's used to keep extra BHs....... IF you were to shoot two deer in one day & IF you were to get two passthroughs & IF both those passthroughs exited and hit rocks and IF both impacts on rocks resulted in a broken SilverFlame BH............ then you open your little tackle box, pick another BH, and put it on your arrow! Walla! Now you're ready to go out and kill your 3rd deer in two days. Sounds reasonable (and probable ) to me........

Now go have a beautiful, wonderful relaxed day!

Rob
Old 06-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TG78

Yep, Im getting them. Thanks for all of the input everyone. I have heard and read enough cases similar to Grey Dog and he finally convinced me. I don't know why the money matter put me off so much at first because when I sit down and think about how much I spend on ammunition that I cannot retrieve and all of the other gear I figure I owe the animal and myself to use what I think is the finest broadhead that I have seen yet. Before I get slammed I am not saying there aren't other great heads but in my mind this is the best in its class.
Good luck with them. From everything I have heard about them their performance usually exceeds the praise they get.

I hope to see some pics of you behind some game you've taken with them. Also, when you get them please give us a review.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: TG78

Yep, Im getting them. Thanks for all of the input everyone. I have heard and read enough cases similar to Grey Dog and he finally convinced me. I don't know why the money matter put me off so much at first because when I sit down and think about how much I spend on ammunition that I cannot retrieve and all of the other gear I figure I owe the animal and myself to use what I think is the finest broadhead that I have seen yet. Before I get slammed I am not saying there aren't other great heads but in my mind this is the best in its class.
Good luck with them. From everything I have heard about them their performance usually exceeds the praise they get.

I hope to see some pics of you behind some game you've taken with them. Also, when you get them please give us a review.
X2, good luck with them! I still haven't closed the book on them, I will be hunting with the compound a few time this year I'm sure and want to give the Rage heads a few more tries, then on to the Silver Flames, most likely next season! Good choice and good luck!
Old 06-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

To use an inferior broadhead because one's too afraid and cheap to risk losing/breaking a more expensive head shows that the hunter cares about only one thing-his wallet
This will be my 20th season bowhunting and my first deer ever was killed with a bow, with probably 75 bow kills in between then and now along with my share of P&Y bucks
And in those 19 years & in between those 75+ bow harvests, would you care to share with us just exactly how many unrecovered animals you have had? Just curious.........

Rob

BTW- I'm very calm as I type this..........
Old 06-16-2008, 01:41 PM

To use an inferior broadhead because one's too afraid and cheap to risk losing/breaking a more expensive head shows that the hunter cares about only one thing-his wallet
Are you really going to call someone's ethics into question because they have been routinely having quick andclean kills with a product and refuse to switch because you think the broadhead you shoot kills them deader than other broadheads???[:'(]This will be my 20th season bowhunting and my first deer ever was killed with a bow, with probably 75 bow kills in between then and now along with my share of P&Y bucks; some taken along the way, with some taken locally and some taken in Illinois. My resume speaks for itself and for you to imply that I am an unethical hunter because I don't want to piss off money (which trust me I spend enough of) then that's just ignorance on your behalf. If you think spending the most money makes you the most ethical hunter then you need to rethink what ethics really is. I practice, take good shots, and make quick clean kills. I have trouble seeing the lack off ethics in that............
Wow, why are you so defensive? Note the word inferior. I think any rational person would agree that more expensive does not always equate to better quality or will do a better job. Sorry, I assumed we were all rational individuals on this board. Won't make that mistake again.[&o]
Old 06-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

You don't need a FedEx Center to MAIL one (or two) BHs back to Vince in Colorado- a simple US Post Office will do. Stop making up ridiculous scenarios (two pass throughs on two deer in one day resulting in two broken BH's?? As if the impact of your arrow on the animal isn't going to slow it down at all? So your KE & FPS numbers are WAY off as these wouldn't be the numbers when the BH hit the rocks that your arrows seems to have a magnetic attraction to) in an attempt to prove a baseless point.

Who is going to drop two deer in one day and not stop to smell the freakin' roses? How 'bout you take the time to field dress your deer & get them out of bush? Who takes two deer in one day (by your account mind you- you said two pass throughs in one day is not uncommon- unless you're gutshooting them ) and isn't happier than a fox in a henhouse?
Well, I do quite often kill 2 in 1 day. Most of the time it's1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon but sometimes I will kill 2 in one sitting if I see the first one fall. In the area where I hunt, which is south of West Plains, MO; you simply can't shoot down without hitting rocks. I don't know where you hit your deer or what you shoot them with but when I double lung one in the hills, I ruin the broadhead about 99% of the time. As I stated I am shooting mechanicals and even on those cornfed Illinois giants I typically bury the arrow 8" in the ground after the passthrough. I realize from our conversation that no matter what I say and what my experiences have been that you are going to know far more about my hunting experiences than I do, but be that as it may, whether you like it or not and whether you choose to believe it or not that is the way it is. But since you chose to humor me by allowing that my scenario might possibly be true, let's says I do shoot 2 deer in 1 day (as hard as that may be for you to imagine) and let's say I do ruin 2 broadheads (as hard as that may be for your to imagine) and let's let's say I reach into my archery tackle box and get out that last broadhead, so now I am I suppose to hunt with 1 head for the rest of the only week of the rut?? That may be your practice but I prefer to carry3 arrows with3 broadheads in my quiver at all times. Just, something that I do in case a follow up shot is nec. or I get the oppurtunity to kill 2 deer in one sit etc. etc. So now inorder to have enough broaheads to hunt I would have to have a min. of $175 worth of broadheads on hand that don't kill deer any deader than the $60 worth of broadheads that I already have in my case.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

Wow, why are you so defensive? Note the word inferior. I think any rational person would agree that more expensive does not always equate to better quality or will do a better job. Sorry, I assumed we were all rational individuals on this board. Won't make that mistake again.[&o]
Come on now. You've been here for over two years now. You should know that when you log on here you have to check your logic at the door.

There is always someone that feels that because they shoot X bow, or X arrow, or X broadhead that it has to be the best. Can't reason with someone like that, so I don't bother.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

And in those 19 years & in between those 75+ bow harvests, would you care to share with us just exactly how many unrecovered animals you have had? Just curious.........
No, I don't care to share it. I have lost 2 deer in that time. I wasn't happy about either one but then again I realize that EVERYONE that bowhunts or guns hunts will eventually lose deer. Unfortunately, that too is a part of hunting. Anyone that hasn't lost one, either hasn't shot very many or it just hasn't happened to them yet because no matter how good you are, we are all human and we all make mistakes. No matter how good you are,you can only control the variables on your end. You can't control what the deer does and you can't control what mother nature does.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

You're not gonna get slammed. I'm glad you think the animals you hunt deserve the best you can afford. That shows class and a hunter with high ethics.To use an inferior broadhead because one's too afraid and cheap to risk losing/breaking a more expensive head shows that the hunter cares about only one thing-his wallet.
So what you are saying is that by not using the Silver Flame we only care about our wallets and not the game we are after? I think that is really a childish comment to make, just because you THINK they are better doesnt mean that my ethics are bad for not shooting them. That has to be the dumbest thingI have everread in my life..
Old 06-16-2008, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: killadoe

You're not gonna get slammed. I'm glad you think the animals you hunt deserve the best you can afford. That shows class and a hunter with high ethics.To use an inferior broadhead because one's too afraid and cheap to risk losing/breaking a more expensive head shows that the hunter cares about only one thing-his wallet.
So what you are saying is that by not using the Silver Flame we only care about our wallets and not the game we are after? I think that is really a childish comment to make, just because you THINK they are better doesnt mean that my ethics are bad for not shooting them. That has to be the dumbest thingI have everread in my life..
OMG-I give up[&:]. Good day to all. I think it's high time to lay this thread to rest...

Quick Reply: German Kinetics-Have you seen these razors!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.