Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

German Kinetics-Have you seen these razors!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: German Kinetics-Have you seen these razors!

Listen,
I don't care what anybody shoots for a broadhead- shoot whatever makes you happy. Just don't- and I mean DON'T, talk out your rectum when addressing thedurability or customer service relevant to a German Kinetics, Silver Flame broadhead!

If you've actually shot these heads, then go ahead and knock them. But I doubt there are any folks out there who fit this criteria.

Case in point #1:

Four years ago, while on a bearhunt in New Brunswick, I sent a SilverFlame (this one was a 125gr. head- before the 100gr. heads came out) right though a big boar from a ground blind. It was a quartering away shot that exited through the opposite side scapula (yes, through the shoulder bone!) and stuck in an 8" round tree just behind the bear. The bear took off into the thicket & within 1 minute I heard the "death moan", so I called my guide on the motorola and got out of my blind.

My Silverflame was basically buried in the young Maple tree & when my guide arrived to see me trying to exhume the BH from the tree, he just laughed & told me that the head was no good anymore & probably busted. Well, I finally created enough space to grab the end of it with my Leatherman Crunch and managed to jimmy it out of the tree. To my amazement, the Silverflame barely had a scratch on it! There was one little nick about 1/8 of an inch down one side. At this point, I had no idea that my arrow blew through the scapula on the far side- needless to say, while processing the bear & detecting the unmistakable exit wound in the bone (following perfectly, the path of the arrow through the bear) I was blown away! This BH was back on an arrow & in my quiver that fall. So 'nuff said forthe Silver Flame'sdurability..........

Case in point #2:

Markus (German-Kinetics, owner) and Vince (authorized Silver Flame dealer here in the lower 48) are two of the best people one could ever want to deal with when it comes to customer service. Both of these guys will do whatever is humanly possible in order to keep you satisfied with the Silver Flame broadhead. I've personally dealt with both of these guys over the phone & via email and if anyone has had a customer service-related issue with either Markus or Vince- I'd love to hear it.

----------------------------------------------
Lastly, where is the $85 a 3-pack price coming from? Are you guys buying from an unauthorized re-seller? I paid $60 a 3-pack 2 years ago for some 100gr. heads. So the $85 price has me scratching my head.

Rob
Old 06-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are very nice heads. I'd probably buy some if only money were no object.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Silver Flames are a high quality broadhead, no doubt about it. I would not use them because I prefer multi blades. I am sure they have their followers, but at the price there won't be very many.

I still see a lot of guys that won't spend $10 a head much less more than double that.

All in all if I shot Traditional and needed the extra penetration offered by a 2 blade head, and money was no object. I'd definitely take a long look at the Silver Flames.

Dan
Old 06-16-2008, 11:21 AM

GreyDawg, just an FYI. I received an order from Markus a couple weeks ago on some 100grain heads. Total came to about $88.00 for three, which included shipping. The German Kinetics USA site lists them for $85.00. I'm not sure if shipping's included.
When I said on an earlier thread that I bought a lifetime's supply of broadheads, I meant it. I cannot think of a better broadhead for my setup. The only weak point about these heads are their cost. And I highly doubt Herr Markus Gross is getting rich off of them.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gray Dawg you need to back off of the caffine and calm down. I don't see where anybody is doubting the quality of the head. All that some have said, I being one of them, is that we wouldn't payalmost $30.00 per head when I can buy 6 Muzzy's for $35.00. So back it down a little.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

I am not laying out $85 for 3 heads knowing that I am going to blow through watever I shoot and ruin the broadhead when it hits the rocks on the other side.
Gutshot,
I don't drink caffine & can assure you that I'm very calm........
However, the statement above is what irked me. In one fell swoop, this poster questioned both the durability of the SF head and the integrity of the lifetime warranty (when used in hunting situations). If this were to happen, all that the owner would need to do is return it to the dealer for a replacement.

That's what I'm talking about when I said if anyone has dealt with Markus or Vince & weren't satisfied, I'd like to know. Because I know from experience that they would both do whatever it took to make things right and keep a SF bowhunter satisfied with their product.

Respectfully (and a very calm)

Rob
Old 06-16-2008, 12:34 PM

Yep, Im getting them. Thanks for all of the input everyone. I have heard and read enough cases similar to Grey Dog and he finally convinced me. I don't know why the money matter put me off so much at first because when I sit down and think about how much I spend on ammunition that I cannot retrieve and all of the other gear I figure I owe the animal and myself to use what I think is the finest broadhead that I have seen yet. Before I get slammed I am not saying there aren't other great heads but in my mind this is the best in its class.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

However, the statement above is what irked me. In one fell swoop, this poster questioned both the durability of the SF head and the integrity of the lifetime warranty (when used in hunting situations).
No, he's right. You really do need to calm down. I wasn't questioning the durability of the product. Because I KNOW it won't hold up to being shot straight into a rock when shooting a 459 gr. arrow 276 fps. cranking out 78 foot pounds of KE, nor will any other broadhead in the world. They just aren't made to do that. As far as the questioning the warranty goes, again you need to calm down and quit taking things so personally. I didn't know they had a warranty and couldn't care less. I don't have a Fed Ex ground shipping center in the back of my truck during hunting season (kinda cuts out room for a lot of my essentials) nor do I intend to set out a couple of days of rut hunting to wait on them to honor the warranty which I am sure they would do. But it'sTOO much trouble for me personally. Of course, my other option would be to have $300 worth of broadheads on handso if I shot through 2 deer in 1 day and ruin 2 broadheads (which is notuncommon) that I still have enough heads on hand to use while waiting on the heads to get back from warranty. Or I could drive back to the closest dealer from wherever I am hunting and spend $100 bucks (or more) on gas on the roundtrip from my hunting grounds and back. Again, TOO much trouble for me.I am sure that if you say so, that they are the greatest heads on the face of the earth. I am just not spending that much money on them and I am not fixing something that isn't broke. I apologize for having an opinion that is different than yours

P.S. You may want to have a talk with your co-workers..........because I am pretty sure they have been lying to you about the coffee being decaff
Old 06-16-2008, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: TG78

Yep, Im getting them. Thanks for all of the input everyone. I have heard and read enough cases similar to Grey Dog and he finally convinced me. I don't know why the money matter put me off so much at first because when I sit down and think about how much I spend on ammunition that I cannot retrieve and all of the other gear I figure I owe the animal and myself to use what I think is the finest broadhead that I have seen yet. Before I get slammed I am not saying there aren't other great heads but in my mind this is the best in its class.
You're not gonna get slammed. I'm glad you think the animals you hunt deserve the best you can afford. That shows class and a hunter with high ethics.To use an inferior broadhead because one's too afraid and cheap to risk losing/breaking a more expensive head shows that the hunter cares about only one thing-his wallet.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

To use an inferior broadhead because one's too afraid and cheap to risk losing/breaking a more expensive head shows that the hunter cares about only one thing-his wallet
Are you really going to call someone's ethics into question because they have been routinely having quick andclean kills with a product and refuse to switch because you think the broadhead you shoot kills them deader than other broadheads???[:'(]This will be my 20th season bowhunting and my first deer ever was killed with a bow, with probably 75 bow kills in between then and now along with my share of P&Y bucks; some taken along the way, with some taken locally and some taken in Illinois. My resume speaks for itself and for you to imply that I am an unethical hunter because I don't want to piss off money (which trust me I spend enough of) then that's just ignorance on your behalf. If you think spending the most money makes you the most ethical hunter then you need to rethink what ethics really is. I practice, take good shots, and make quick clean kills. I have trouble seeing the lack off ethics in that............

Quick Reply: German Kinetics-Have you seen these razors!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.