Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I was thinking........ And then I tried it.. :)

Old 06-15-2008, 07:25 PM

Default RE: I was thinking........ And then I tried it.. :)

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
I suppose you'll be foregoing the drive to your next destination .....and walking, instead. You know.....cars have moving parts.

I would be willing to bet you have had a car break down more times than you have broken you leg.

Im not biased toward fixed blade or mechanical, but I can see where hes coming from. To each his own...
Old 06-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I would be willing to bet you have had a car break down more times than you have broken you leg.
So....using this logic....I suppose you'll forego the vehicle?

I'm not even talking about BH's. I'm just talking plain old LOGIC. If you fear moving parts so much (in archery)......go trad.......or hell just throw rocks.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:58 PM

Like I said im not biased. If Va wants to use fixed blades he can (That doesn't mean he has to chime in everytime a Rage thread pops up).

But still, thats why we're all sitting on our computers right now. Solving the worlds problems, one thread at a time.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:54 AM

I said, I WOULD SHOOT THEM IF I KNEW THAT THEY WOULD OPEN 100% OF THE TIME!!!!! I know they are awesome heads and that they do some serious damage, I would love to shoot them honestly, I just don't feel comfortable. I mean something we have control over Jeff, BH are one of them, if I know my heads are open all the time and will not ever be "not open" then why would I want to shoot something that maybe not open?? even if it's 99% ??? I just feel better shooting a fixed head, but I can tell you all that if I ever do go mech, it will be a Rage. Jeff, why do you think Im downing these heads??? Did you not read that I thought they were awesome except for the fact that they may not open??
Old 06-16-2008, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I used to hunt with my CB[:@], I used Spitfires (no rubber bands). They ALWAYS opened, and left a GAPING hole. I don't think I can recall anyonemaking negetive comments about them. If you like expandables, I'd say go with Spitfires! JMHO
Old 06-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Dominant Buck

, why do you think Im downing these heads???
I don't. I never mentioned you or someone "downing" the BH's. I just made a statement about irrational fears.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:38 AM

careful early......you are treading on sacred Rage ground.....
Old 06-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

careful early......you are treading on sacred Rage ground.....
I know, I just thought I'd break up the monotony.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:57 AM

So Jeff you honestly do not think it is a legitmate fear??? I mean Im not trying to get into this dead horse debate, I know Rage head are freakin awesome when they work, but I know a few, not a lot of people that have shot them and they did not open. Im just saying, with a fixed blade, it's not an issue at all. Even if Rage has a 99% open rate, there is still a 1 % chance that it won't. Have you not heard of anyone having this trouble??? Fixed blade is 100% OF THE TIME, THAT IS MY ONLY ISSUE WITH ANY MECH HEAD.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Dominant Buck

So Jeff you honestly do not think it is a legitmate fear???
Personally? No, I don't. I have a VERY small circle of friends within the hunting community that I trust, implicitly. If they were having issues....."I'd" trust their intution and experiences. To date.....I/we've experienced nothing witht his product that would incite fear in us. So....No fear.

I also think, beofre you attempt to utilize this product....you need to do a fair assessment of your equipment.

No. 1 - Are you pushing enough KE to shoot a mechanical (much less THIS one)? I am. No fear.

No. 2 - Is your bow in tune? Mine is. Again....NO fear.

No. 3 - What kind of quiver are you utilizing? The reason I say this is.....I use the Bohning that sort of allows my BH's to "hover" in the protective end. By doing this (and not allowing the BH to come into contact with the foam type quivers) there's no pressure put on the BH at all. No pressure = no unwanted "opening" of the BH in the quiver. The Bohning employs a method of stabilizing your arrows with 2 contact points....and the head sort of (again) "hovers" in the protective end of the quiver.

There are equipment issues that need to be addressed and accounted for before you choose any BH. I feel like I've done my homework on these....and I (or anyone I know WELL using these) have done so, also.

If I ever have any issues like some describe, here.....I'll re-assess my choice. I have no ties to any BH.....any bow mfr.....or any other mfr. I only use what's been tried and proven to be effective. And....if I didn't think it was 100% reliable....it wouldn't tip my arrow. If (in my opinion) someone produces a better head for MY set-up......I'll switch. Until then.....I'll continue to employ this product.

That's my .02. Good luck with your choices, this fall.

Quick Reply: I was thinking........ And then I tried it.. :)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.