Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who is under a blanket of snow??

Old 02-27-2003, 08:46 PM

Default Who is under a blanket of snow??

I live in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and I am dissappointed to say that there is no snow here. I was hoping to do some snow scouting but I can' t. Is there anywhere else where there is no snow? Where is there snow that normally doesn' t have snow?
Old 02-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who is under a blanket of snow??

Hey, if you want some snow I' ll be more then willing to let you have some of ours here in NY. I still got at least 2ft outside, and we' ve had a couple of recent warming spells over a day or 2 to help melt some down.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

What' s grass look like, I forget? We' ve got snow.....about 15" of crusty, half melted, refrozen snow. It was a lot deeper at one point. We haven' t seen the grass around here since the end of November!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank God that hunting season is not right now as I cannot imagine trying to trudge through the stuff still on the ground here in search of a white tail...
Old 02-28-2003, 06:10 AM

Here in MD I have 2 feet and guess what- Its still comin! No school! I had 4 snow days last week, this is great! But I wanna go bowfishin!
Matt#-------->
Old 02-28-2003, 06:36 AM

we have some snow here but not as much as most years, we didnt start getting snow till January. very late this year.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:44 AM

Erie, Pa. just hit about 145" for the winter so far and inland has hit the 200" mark!
Old 02-28-2003, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Heck we have had more snow this year than we have had in a long time in Va., I have gone out once scouting around and then tore my diaphragm, I may do a little scouting this afternoon, now that I am on the mend. The last time I was scouting I was playing hide and seek with a buck for over an hour, kind of cool coming upon steaming droppings in one spot, and steaming urine in 2 others. Oh was I close to him on a number of occasions, stuff we were playing in was real thick.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

We' re 15" short of a new record here. It snowed before Thanksgiving. I can' t remember when I last saw grass, since I can' t remember when.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Were at about 130" in town, over 200" in the NE corner of the county, and probably 80 around my house to the south. Well below average, and although we had many snows before the end of the year, most has come since the 1st part of January. At my house, the snow is a little over my knees, on average, but you have to dig your foot down to get to the ground. My snow-shoe trails are well established on the property, and you simply couldn' t get around without them, but it' s still well below average and the winter is just flying by. Hopefully the snow sticks around for a while so we keep getting some great beagle/snowshoe runs before the deer come back.

Jeff...U.P. of Michigan

Quick Reply: Who is under a blanket of snow??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.