Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who is under a blanket of snow??

Old 02-28-2003, 10:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Who is under a blanket of snow??

We got 3 inches last year. This year we got close to 40 in February, 27 of it at one time. We got 4 inches last night. Just enough to cover the dirty snow from the last time. I just cleaned my neighbors and my driveways about an hour ago. It' s bare now it' s melting so fast. My wife is a teacher and has missed 8 or 9 days this year because of snow. However, you have to understand these people are " SNOW SISSYs" . 2 inches sends the place into an uproar and " Code Blues" and Closed schools and " Essential Personnel Only" modes. Having been raised in REAL SNOW COUNTRY I just have to laugh at them all and shake my head.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually don' t mind the snow, but I can honestly say that I' m pretty darn sick of winter. I know I don' t live up north, and we don' t compare to what some of you go through, but by god I feel like I do this year. Last year we hardly had a winter....we had about 18" for the whole year. With the 6" we got last night, that puts us at 80" for the winter, or about double what a normal " good" winter would be. Last week we had 36" in the big storm, and there' s still about 2ft on the ground right now. I can only count a few days that we' ve actually seen the grass since mid Dec. The kids in our county have missed almost 3 weeks of school. I probably wouldn' t mind so much, but I live way out in the country, and our state rd is one of the last one' s to get plowed....not to mention that I have a driveway that is almost 1/2 mile long. I feel like I live on my skid loader. It' s getting real old. [X(]
The funny thing is....even my kids are sick of snow....that' s when you know it' s bad...LOL
Old 02-28-2003, 11:32 AM

I haven' t seen a single flake this year.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

We had 10 inches here in south central Kansas last Sunday and it is hanging on. I am ready for spring.