Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Broadheads

Old 06-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rage Broadheads

Heres an entrance wound on a doe i took last season with the rage 2 blade. She only went about 25yds. I double lunged her. have never had any problems with them except when stalking the blades pop open very easily.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie
What is a Rage Broadhead..... I've been a member here for two years and a contributing author for a full year... I visit frequently and work as a bow technition professionally.... I can't spell it either.... but I've never heard of Rage broadheads....
Here you go bud....BTW, I also used Rage broadheads (two blade) last year and they performed flawless for me. I'll use them again his year.

[align=left]Rage 2 Mechanical Blade 3-Pack
Model 31000[/align][align=left]Features the revolutionary SlipCam™ Rear Blade Deployment System and gives you a guaranteed fully deployed 2" cutting diameter.[/align][align=left]• Stainless steel instant-cut tip
• HexFlat™ design for exceptionally stable flight
• Body machined from aircraft quality aluminum
• Two .035" Stainless steel blades
• O-ring acts as a shock absorber for blades.
• 3/4" in-flight diameter flies like a field tip
• Free Practice Head included in every package

[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]Rage 3 Mechanical Blade 3-Pack
Model 30000

Features the revolutionary SlipCam™ Rear Blade Deployment System and gives you a guaranteed fully deployed 1.5" cutting diameter.
[/align][align=left]• Stainless steel instant-cut tip
• HexFlat™ design for exceptionally stable flight
• Body machined from aircraft quality aluminum
• Three .030" Stainless steel blades
• O-ring acts as a shock absorber for blades.
• 3/4" in-flight diameter flies like a field tip
• Free Practice Head included in every package[/align][align=left][/align]
Old 06-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im sorry but i will NEVER use a mechanical type broadhead, (if i do sometime in the future, i will issue an apology ),

This includes Rage,

I know of at least 2 family members who have had problems with mechanical heads. And, Muzzy has treated me and its customers well.

Just my opinion on the matter
Old 06-13-2008, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

of course youre going to have a tear if your head oepned up thats why they recomend that you dont shoot expandables through shoot through mesh lol.
ORIGINAL: Mottz

Don't shoot them thru mesh of a blind. Mine opened up and I have the rip to prove it. Very hard to keep the blades from falling out also.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mottz

Don't shoot them thru mesh of a blind. Mine opened up and I have the rip to prove it. Very hard to keep the blades from falling out also.
mmmm???? Never had this happen! They worked flawlessly for me and blood trails you could see if you were blind!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I shot 1 side opened up. That could be from the looseness of the blades.(guessing) I'm gonna try adding rubber bands like Matt/PA suggested. Also, I'm getting a different quiver with no foam so my heads will be free hanging. Hopefully that will keep the pressure off them.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 06-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I couldn't bring myself to spend $40 for three heads. Iwent toBass Pro specifically to buy them. I just couldn't do it. I'm too cheap I guess. And I went there knowing how much they cost. Maybe I'll use them if I get them as a gift for fathers day.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

I wish someone would come up with a good quiver that will hold them better and I could figure out how to keep the blades shut when hunting so I could try them
Old 06-13-2008, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know these heads put massive holes in your animals but damn they sound to be a pain in the butt to deal with. Top many screws, bands, this, that for me to even think about wanting to like them. No way! I like my stuff simple I guess. No knock on anyone who shoots them but there just not for me.

Quick Reply: Rage Broadheads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.