Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I don't mean to rub it in and all....

Old 06-12-2008, 05:36 PM

Default RE: I don't me to rub it in and all....

nchawkeye, I have not. What is it??
Old 06-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive been out since may 30th, go back in mid august
Old 06-12-2008, 05:46 PM

kids go back day after Labor Day, we go back Aug 25th.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I don't mean to rub it in and all....

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Talking about shooting time this summer.......after tomorrow, I will have 72 days off consecutively!!! ahhh...the benefits of teaching.....................
You can have the Summer all you want..... I bust my ass all Spring, Summer and early Fall and have off prime time hunting season and hunt almost everyday from middle of October to the end of November! SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's a chance for upcoming teachers or current teachers to spend 4-5 weeks in DC studing the Constitution, which James Madison helped write...They study at Georgetown...Thought you being a History teacher, might be interested in applying...My middle daughter is the only one from NC that won it this year, will be up there this summer...She just graduated from Wake Forest with a Masters in Education, will be teaching History in the Raleigh area next year...
Old 06-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty sweet isn't it, bud We were done last Friday. We go back Aug 25th I believe as well. Here's to us as teachers!

Edit...oh yeah, I live right where I hunt, so I'm out in the stand every evening of every day of the season...never have to work weekends, get a paid fall break, paid first day of rifle season, paid third day of bear, plus 5 personal days and starting my 2nd yr next fall, I'll have 20 sick days Wait, we're trying not to rub this in, right?[8D] Hopefully, eventually I'll become a professor, and that means even more time off
Old 06-12-2008, 06:04 PM

Yes, I do know what that is now. I have not had any of my students go there, butI do get some things every year from it. that's great that she got that chance. she should have no problem finding a job. that's really impressive!! I say my students because I have had a few go to school and finish with a degree in history and they apply every year. and always tell me about the process.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Dominant Buck

My middle daughter is the only one from NC that won it this year, will be up there this summer...She just graduated from Wake Forest with a Masters in Education, will be teaching History in the Raleigh area next year...
Congrats to her (and you) for her accomplishment. WFU is a WONDERFUL university. I pass by there every morning and evening (my office is about 1 mile from the west entrance). A masters from WFU is (IMO)the ticket to the world. Sky's the limit for her.

Congrats, again. I know you're a proud papa (and a few dollars lighter, too![&:])
Old 06-12-2008, 06:09 PM

MGH PA, yes sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeh, 10 sick days a yr, 2 personal days a yr, 2 weeks at Christmas, week in the spring, Thanksgiving, MLK day, Memorial Day, and all weekends all yr, all paid. off by 2:25 pm every day.....and oh yeh, 72 days in a row!!!life is good!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.