Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone tried Stanislawki Releases?

Old 06-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Has anyone tried Stanislawki Releases?

I am looking fora new hunting release (occasional 3D shoot). My local shop carries an unusual brand called Stanislawski. In particular, I am interested in trying their three finger thumb activated Trio.

Has anyone had experience with these releases????

Old 06-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Has anyone tried Stanislawki Releases?

I'm actually considering this very release to hunt with this year. I'm thinking very seriously about a Med Stan SX2 Trio.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

I am looking fora new hunting release (occasional 3D shoot). My local shop carries an unusual brand called Stanislawski. In particular, I am interested in trying their three finger thumb activated Trio.

Has anyone had experience with these releases????

It's not really an unusual release, Stan has been making releases for decades.........literally one of the oldest manufacturers out there for releases. I had their original SuperX 3 finger release (model before the SX2) and it was a fantastic release, the new SX2 is even better with more reliable internals and the same great ergonomic fit. I have also had probably 3-4 different Stan hinge releases as well and they were all quality. The SuperXfit my hand well, just doesn't have a thumb peg that I can adjust to fitmy preferred position for consistency, that's why I sold it. There are a lot of good manufacturers out there for thumb triggers, pretty much everything from Stan, TRU Ball, and Carter are excellent options. I feel what is most important is to make sure it fits yourhand perfectly rather than worrying about a specific brand or model. I went through probably $1500 worth of releases before I found what works best for me and fits me best.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks (Matt or Rick?).
I am going to shoot the release on Sat.
Can you give me some more info about what to look/feel for with regard to proper fit?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like this release a lot but I would say that I'll probably be hunting with a Scott Ibex when this fall gets here. Talk about adjustability and a crisp trigger.

It's down to these three right now, and I like the Ibex the best and I can get good deals on them.

Scott Ibex
Stan SX2
TruBall ST3 or ST360