Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fuse string suppressor

Old 06-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fuse string suppressor

Fuse makes really durable products.I use many fuse accessories and never had any problems with them.Although I had there strings on my bow and I think they are junk.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff just go back to the 272 fps Switchback and you won't need any suppressors. I have killed just a few bucks and turkeys with mine. Quiet and smooth, Sans the sag.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Jeff just go back to the 272 fps Switchback and you won't need any suppressors. I have killed just a few bucks and turkeys with mine. Quiet and smooth, Sans the sag.
Hey Chris.....thanks for the reply. Good to hear from you.

I'm closer to doing what you describe than you know. I'll probably be hunting at less than 60#'s, this fall. I've experienced a LOT in a short time....learning what I like and what I don't like in deer hunting AND equipment.

After I take a deer (and IF) with my longbow, this fall (personal quest).....I'm torquing everything back.......equipment.....shooting distance.....etc....and heading into the woods with the only pressure on me being a family I wanna donate some meat to. I'll load their freezer up and then sit back and hunt for me.

Shoot me a PM. You and I and a phone conversation are LONG overdue. I look forward to that.

God bless, buddy.

Jeff
Old 06-12-2008, 06:42 AM

Here's something I witnessed first hand last evening working at the shop. A buddy of mine owns a Katera, which has the Fuse supressor on it. He wanted to see if he could quiet the bow down some, so he installed a different brand supressor on the Katera.....MUCH quieter. I honestly feel like that rubber is just to hard.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The MeanV is also adjustable for balance and distance from nocking point by virtue of repositioning the bend by 180 degrees. It is the best piece of gear so why not use its purchase as opportunity to straighten out your bad karma with Dan.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Nevermind....lol[&:]
Old 06-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Host of Hosts

Touchy... touchy.... my God man relax a little bit
Old 06-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Site Bouncer

I know you specifically asked about the Fuse and I can only tell you that they "look" well made and if they are indeed made like the Fuse W/B rest I have then you will be pleased with it.

Now to my main reason for posting.......You can make these string suppressors (especially if you have a rear bushing on your bow) for a fraction of the cost, it will utilize an actual STS rubber bumper and work exactly like the ones on the market. Mine came out great...took me 10 min to make, all you need is a hacksaw some sand paper. I posted about it a while back.

Here is what I originally posted:

Hey all,

I've been bouncing around the idea of trying out an STS type string suppressor to see how it works so I decided to make my own and I wanted to tell anyone who is interested how to do it....cheap!

First of all you must have a bow with a rear facing bushing to do this. If you don't you're pretty much S.O.L. as far as this "do it yourself" project is concerned.

The first thing you need to do is go out and get one of these:

They are pretty inexpensive (about $8.00 to $10.00) and you can get them at pretty much any Pro Shop. All it is, is an old style cable guide rod that screws into your bow. Once you purchased this you need to go out and also purchase this:

This is (obviously) the packaging for an STS end piece. You know, that rubber string stopper at the end of the rod. It cost me $6.95 at my local Pro Shop. This along with the rod, Ihave a whole $14.95 invested into this project!

Next, I simply measured the distance from the rear bushing to the string and cut the rod to that length. Remember to take into consideration the amount of the overall rod length that screws into the bushing as well as the thickness of the rubber stopper when cutting the rod. Take your time and make sure your measurements are correct.

Once done you simply slip on the rubber end and install it on the bow like this:

And this:

And this:

And there you have it! The whole project took me about 10 minuets to do....Very simple! If you want, you can add a "Bow Jack" to the rod or any other kind of dampener or just leave it plain. Now this obviously is going to be black in color unless you can find a camo guide rod. I've seen them before but they are not that common. These black aluminum rods are all over the place.

So if you ever wanted to try out one of these STS/MeanV type string suppressors but don't want to cough up the big money for one, here is an extremely cost efficient way to get the exact same thing!

Good luck and good shooting.

< Message edited by BigJ71 -- 4/1/2008 5:14:21 PM > [align=right][/align]

Quick Reply: Fuse string suppressor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.