Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Farm To Hunt

Old 06-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Farm To Hunt

They're killing deer all over Northern IL to "stop the spread of CWD". They're just not publicizing it like Wisconsin did. The entire Kiswaukee River valley has been hit hard by the DNR, especially in Boone and McHenry Counties. Our wondeful government can't even decide on a proper budget for the state, but they can spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to hire sharp shooters to kill deer over bait piles after dark. Gotta love it!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Farm To Hunt

Hopefully there is a buck or two in the area that we can get a crack at. I am planning on setting up a few stands on the property for my neighbor that got the permission for us. His cousin lives on the property so I plan on teaching him to glass the edges for us every night I know they see deer so at least the neighbor will likely get one this year and maybe I'll get a nice buck if I hunt there. At this point I'd like to formally kick the DNR in the satchel, if they needed sharpshooters they could have called us sportsmen to do it for free and we could donate the meat once it cleared inspection for CWD.