Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If I am.....

Old 06-10-2008, 11:48 AM

Default RE: If I am.....

my arrows weigh 360 gr after thinking about it I will say that if i hold my pin just on the top of the back bone line, I will hit bullseye. How many inches is that you guys think???
Old 06-10-2008, 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

This calculator says 3.1" - and from my experience, it's just about dead-on all the time.

http://www.lmariana.com/traj.htm

* these numbers allow for no fudge-factor. That means, no splitting-the-difference holding the pin a little hot on the dot for the longer ranges.

Anyone who says their arrows are only dropping 1-2 inches between 20 and 30 is either shooting the fastest bow ever made, or they're cheating with the pin placement.
X2
Old 06-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

my arrows weigh 360 gr after thinking about it I will say that if i hold my pin just on the top of the back bone line, I will hit bullseye. How many inches is that you guys think???

That depends on if you are shooting a Riverbottom buck or a Glen Del Full Rut buck. Landon I'd try putting an orange rifle sticky spot on your target up a little high and using it as a point of aim. Take a shot at 20 and then another at 30. Take your time. Then break out the ruler. Honestly you know as I do that as long as you know where your arrow is going that you could probably take your sights off and still smoke one inside 30 yards. I tend to "auto adjust"... and while its not exactly proper technique.... it works.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

It might be as simple as you dropping your bow hand a little on the shot. at 20 yards you aren't noticing much of a difference but when you get a little further out the drop gets exaggerated. I know that is my biggest problem with my form, and fairly common...just another idea to look at.