Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's going to be at the Second Leg Nationals?

Old 06-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who's going to be at the Second Leg Nationals?

I was planning to shoot all 3 Legs and Worlds but those plans pretty much got shot to hell when I found out May 1st that I was losing my job as of June 1.

With a couple out of state hunting trips planned for later this year (tags, gas, etc)and all the turkey and flyfishing this spring those 3 legs of the IBOwere just going to be a bit too much to think about $$$ wise at $4.00/ gal for gas, entry fees etc to try to win an amateur class. I shut it down over a month ago and will only shoot the local money events, and team money events. (Have a $4,000 team shoot coming up in 2 weeks outdoors under the lights)
So just tonight actually I stripped my MBR stuff off and have a scope on right now that I need to dial in beginning tomorrow. 50yds Open class in the dark is gonna be a tough 3D event, and I'll be shooting against the best shooters from all over including pros.
I'll practice hard for this one and see if can win some money, reset the bow for MBR afterwards and maybe shoot one or 2 more money events and that'll be it. The hunting stuff will come out and I'll try to forget this spring ever happened.

I'm officially 11 days into my "Summer Vacation" [&o]
Old 06-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Host of Hosts

I'm officially 11 days into my "Summer Vacation
Matt sorry to hear about your job. I was laid off on May 2nd and I'm going to start a new job on Monday. Better pay closer to home... a win... win. Things happen for a reason, hopefully you'll get something better too.

Well sorry you won't make it to Erie, butatleast I got to meet you at the ATA show. It would have been nice to talk to you again though.

Doug

Buckeye I'll watch out for you and Pat. I'll be over on Sunday. I have a league shoot Saturday morning. Maybe I'll get there in the afternoon Sat.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt, I hate to hear it about the job. Things happen for a reason I guess.

I wish we had some IBO stuff around here, it's all ASA here. IBO would be pretty cool as a new thing.