Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage 3 blade

Old 06-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage 3 blade

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

penetration, also opening like only one blade opened when i shot a deer with them
Did you have the 3 blade or two blade?
3 blade
Must have gotten the Lemon Batch.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only from hear say from a few friends of mine...But I'm a firm believer that a correctly placed arrow kills regardless of the head...and I'm talking about bear bones like the indians did it...

Anyway...my buddies had bad experiences with 3 blade rage vs. 2 blade...which they loved....

But again...this is hear say and circumstance...I think they just made poor shots...my opinion...

I love NAP spitfire XP's 100 gr...which I'm sure you all may be sick of me ranting and raving about....
Old 06-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought them last year and threw them out. They would open when I took them out of the quiver and then not open on impact.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a pack of 3 blade the other day shot one into the Morrell target and when i pulled it out the blades had locked together and and bent.[&o] I like them but think I like the 2 blade better.
just curious as to why you would shoot one of the broadheads, when they come with practice heads?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:27 AM

My whole reason for this is I have shot 2 deer with these heads no problem. But I have heard of problems. I have shot the 3 blades not the practice heads into many many targets with no issue of them not opening. I just want a honest opinion weather I change 2 the 2 blade or continue with the 3 blade model. Just I want a warm and fuzy before I start this deer season knowing that they will open every single time like they have so far.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DeerStalker80

My whole reason for this is I have shot 2 deer with these heads no problem. But I have heard of problems. I have shot the 3 blades not the practice heads into many many targets with no issue of them not opening. I just want a honest opinion weather I change 2 the 2 blade or continue with the 3 blade model. Just I want a warm and fuzy before I start this deer season knowing that they will open every single time like they have so far.
well if its working, why change it?
Old 06-10-2008, 11:13 AM

I am just worried that I got the only to that have worked correctly and if I use them again they will have issues. But I have never had a problem with them opening in flight.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rage 3 blade..... never heard of them
Old 06-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

The 2 Blade is the way to go. Make the switch you won't be disappointed.

McBee's experience is kind of flawed. He shot a couple deer with a 50lb Switchback with light arrows past 20 yards, and didn't get the penetration he expected. I don't think that should count
Old 06-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

I bought a pack of 3 blade the other day shot one into the Morrell target and when i pulled it out the blades had locked together and and bent.[&o] I like them but think I like the 2 blade better.
just curious as to why you would shoot one of the broadheads, when they come with practice heads?
I wanted to see the hole they left in the target. Bad idea with the 3 blade..lol And I wanted to see if they raelly did fly like the practice tip and field point.

Quick Reply: Rage 3 blade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.