Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Technology Plateau

Old 06-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting Technology Plateau

i think it already pretty much has, if they get any better, you may as well be using guns during bow season. JMO
Old 06-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm in a financial position that many others are in.....in that I can afford to shoot whichever bow I want. That's no big deal.

"MY" guess is on the target shooters.....is PSE and others are probably giving away more bows (or, offering at a very reduced price to their staff shooters). Hence the greater number see at the "Pro" events.

I simply know that I shoot the best bow I can afford.....based on my needs. I have yet to find anything that compares with my current choice (and I've shot them all). I have NO ties to any company. I don't make a buck....lose a buck....or receive anything for my choices.

What the national shooter of the year shoots is of VERY little interest to me. We don't shoot a bow for the same reasons.

I'm a hunter. I know what I want in a hunting bow. I've found it.

My "guess" is that the Spalding Top Flite is probably the No. 1 ball utilized by more golfers in the US than any other. That has NO bearing on my purchasing decision. I don't play the the game "most" golfers play.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm in a financial position that many others are in.....in that I can afford to shoot whichever bow I want. That's no big deal.

"MY" guess is on the target shooters.....is PSE and others are probably giving away more bows (or, offering at a very reduced price to their staff shooters). Hence the greater number see at the "Pro" events.

I simply know that I shoot the best bow I can afford.....based on my needs. I have yet to find anything that compares with my current choice (and I've shot them all). I have NO ties to any company. I don't make a buck....lose a buck....or receive anything for my choices.

What the national shooter of the year shoots is of VERY little interest to me. We don't shoot a bow for the same reasons.

I'm a hunter. I know what I want in a hunting bow. I've found it.

My "guess" is that the Spalding Top Flite is probably the No. 1 ball utilized by more golfers in the US than any other. That has NO bearing on my purchasing decision. I don't play the the game "most" golfers play.

very good post, that hopefully is true for a lot of people on here
Old 06-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

I think the future of bow technology advancement lies in the hands of outside vendors not the bow manufacture.The outside vendors like G5 and many more design groups are thinking outside the box.Alot more companies are now seeing how big archery has become and want in on the $$.I think they will start making custom radical cams,limbs and other accessories that will bring the stock bows to new heights.You can see already how all these bow companies are already using 2nd and 3rd party designs,strings,and other accessories on there bows now.In my opinion there is no number 1 bow out there.Every bow out there has there own down falls so to say one is better than the other is crap it all balances out.To me speed is not much of a advancement.They could make a 400+fps bow right now but for how long will it last is the question.Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MECHDOC

I think they will start making custom radical cams,limbs and other accessories that will bring the stock bows to new heights.You can see already how all these bow companies are already using 2nd and 3rd party designs,strings,and other accessories on there bows now.
This is a veryinteresting concept. For example, you would shoot the same riser for several years in a row, but you might have the option of changing to aftermarket limbs/cams/strings to update or change to bow characteristiics. For now, there is very little info on interchangability or aftermarket bow modifications.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

ORIGINAL: MECHDOC

I think they will start making custom radical cams,limbs and other accessories that will bring the stock bows to new heights.You can see already how all these bow companies are already using 2nd and 3rd party designs,strings,and other accessories on there bows now.
This is a veryinteresting concept. For example, you would shoot the same riser for several years in a row, but you might have the option of changing to aftermarket limbs/cams/strings to update or change to bow characteristiics. For now, there is very little info on interchangability or aftermarket bow modifications.
Exactly.Companies like Octane,Fuse and G5 I think are already working on this concept.I think everything in the industrywill eventually begoing the way of easy change mods.It will and should become easy for the average person to just unbolt and bolt anymods he/she wishes to try on there bow.Wouldnt it be nice to just be able to back your limb bolts off enough to remove the preload tension on the limbs without a press.And maybe a ratcheting type limb bolt so you could count the clicks back to your previous tension before backing limb bolts out.Simple things like this I think would be huge for the average guy heck for everyone.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:19 PM

Im betting the reason Bowtech "hasn't found their place in the target world," is because they probably dont give away as many bows as PSE. Just a thought, but I am willing to bet money talks in the target world. These guys will shoot a free bow over a 900 dollar bow anyday of the week. Perhaps PSE is seeking out more target shooters for just this reason, to give an impression of superiority.

I also dont see how what some shooters shoot dictate how technologically advanced a bow is. Many target bows are REQUIRED to be dulled down in the speed department. Noise isnt an issue in a target bow either. They usually have long risers and ATAs as well as a high Brace Height. All of which have been around for a pretty darn long time. Im willing to bet that most of a target bow is made up of the accessories and shooter anyway, given you start with decent bows to begin with.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I stand by my claim that PSE and Bowtech are ahead of the game technology wise. Bowtech's are very popular hunting bows, and that's rightfully so. Jeff made a great point, but that's why there are so many companies, people have difference of opinions.

AND

To the guy who put Mathews up there. Mathews rules the target world, however, that's because they offer so much. I wouldn't put them in the Top 5, technology wise. What have they come up with in the past 3 years that has taken off? Don't say slim limbs either. It's all marketing, and I don't think you can market that.

PSE doesn't give away bows. Also, there aren't very many shooter bow opportunities. ONly PSE Pro Series dealers can get them, and you have to sell X number of bows annually.

Hoyt probably offers more shooter bows than any other company.