Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Atsko put to the test

Old 06-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Atsko put to the test

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I have a question, was the garment just sprayed with the Atsko treatment after being washed with Tide or was it washed in a non-UV brightened detergent AND sprayed?

If it was sprayed only, the results aren't perfect, but not bad either. If it was washedwith non-UV brightened detergent and then sprayed the results are disappointing.
I washed in the Sportwash detergentand then generously sprayed them down.

The spray by itself did an amazing job on a very yellow microfiber cloth. Check it out.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

YOu have to remember that a lot of the UV brightness comes from the dye used in the fabric. Some stuff can not be covered up no matter what. The sports wash just does not add to it as some othersoaps do. A lot of the snow camo is notorious for the dye problem. I personally won't wear it .It looks good to humans though.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

YOu have to remember that a lot of the UV brightness comes from the dye used in the fabric. Some stuff can not be covered up no matter what. The sports wash just does not add to it as some othersoaps do. A lot of the snow camo is notorious for the dye problem. I personally won't wear it .It looks good to humans though.
No doubt, you can clearly see that with the shirt. Ill be checking all my camo before deciding to keep it from now on.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

I have a question, was the garment just sprayed with the Atsko treatment after being washed with Tide or was it washed in a non-UV brightened detergent AND sprayed?

If it was sprayed only, the results aren't perfect, but not bad either. If it was washedwith non-UV brightened detergent and then sprayed the results are disappointing.

The spray by itself did an amazing job on a very yellow microfiber cloth. Check it out. Ill edit the photo in later, having some problems atm.
That is interesting that there was so much of the brightener left in there even after using the wash too. I look forward to seeing the other results. I always use non-UV brightened detergents, but as your first photo shows, sometimes the dyes are in there from the start, just as Bob pointed out.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:23 PM

PP
Old 06-09-2008, 12:28 PM

Sorry for the pp. I was testing as the system was not letting me post responses. Regarding the atsko I think I am going to buy a blacklight so I can take it with me to the store when buying clothes so I can see how much brightners come on it from the factory. I am glad it worked a little but I would like to start out with as little as I can. Curious, if you use the blacklight say in a well lit store will it still show the brightners well, or does it need to be in a dark room.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys:
I am the most skeptical guy in the woods with the gimmics. I won some of the UV Killer in a banquet almost 20 years ago when it was new on the market. I used it as directed and went elk hunting (archery). It was the most amazing day in the woods I have ever had. I was within bow range of six mature bulls the first day. I had three of them look straight through me. I swear. In fact one was completely in the open on a sagebrush flat. I froze he just kept grazing. It was unbelievable. I absolutely swear by the UV Killer. I could spit out my resume' but suffice it to say I have called in hundreds of bulls and many of them to their death. UV Killer really works guys.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

The spray by itself did an amazing job on a very yellow microfiber cloth. Check it out.
That is some very impressive results with the spray. I think I'll be stocking up on some more of that this fall.

Thanks for taking the time to conduct this experiment and share it with us.