Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois Extreme Whitetails????

Old 06-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Illinois Extreme Whitetails????

Ok guys and gals,I just got the go ahead from my father in law to book a illinois bow hunt for 2009. I havebeen looking at Illinois Extreme Whitetails and we both like the place and what they seem to offer. It is in Pike county and all Ihave heard is good things from that area. If any of you have had experiences with this outfitter would you please let me know about them, or if you have any advice for hunting the mid-west in that region that would be helpful as well. Neither myself or my father in law have ever hunted in that region, we have only hunted in the southern region, any opinion's would be greatly appreciated as this is not a inexpensive adventure and I would like it to be a good one....Thanks in advance for your comment and advice.....
Old 06-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois Extreme Whitetails????

I hunted in Rock Island county last year with Coppers Creek and had a great time. Check em out at www.copperscreek.com

Old 06-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never been there but I met some of them at the Eastern Outdoor Show in Harrisburg in Feb.Some of their pro staff bought some of of our camo. They seemed like some real knowledgeable and nice people, they definatly have some killer properties.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info, I am trying to get this booked within the week so if you guys have any info for hunting here or in this region let me know what you have to say...Thanks....
Old 06-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Thanks for the info, I am trying to get this booked within the week so if you guys have any info for hunting here or in this region let me know what you have to say...Thanks....
You're talking about hunting a great region, and youhave the right idea in starting your homework now. But personally, I'd spend more than a week looking into it. Check several outfitters/guides. Do your research, call references, and talk to them. Both successful as well as not successful hunters. DON'T BE IN A RUSH!! Good luck.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

You're talking about hunting a great region, and youhave the right idea in starting your homework now. But personally, I'd spend more than a week looking into it. Check several outfitters/guides. Do your research, call references, and talk to them. Both successful as well as not successful hunters. DON'T BE IN A RUSH!! Good luck.
Hey Early,
I have been looking since the first of the year, and have gotten tp speak to some ofthe references from this place as well as several others...I just thought being on here there are a lot of guys from that area or that hunt that area that might know some information that the guys that signed up for their reference list aren't saying or telling....Not to mention any advice for hunting that part of the country....I am not in a rush, the father inlaw and myself have been looking hard for about 6 months and talking about it for a couple years now....I was jusrt wanting any of you guys to let me know if you had any dealin's to let me know pretty quick...As I am ready to go forward with booking....
Old 06-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

IF you still like the southern part of Illinois , check out www.trophydeerhunt.com I had a real good trip with them back in '06 and they are top notch people. It is in Pope county and they had great properties, stands, and food plots. Jarod is the owner and one of the nicest down to earth people that you will ever meet, along with the rest of his family. While I was there I saw 4 P&Y deer with one pushing B&C, had one in range and there were plenty of 110 to 120 class deer to keep you occupied. I stuck one of them, but my rest was off and we never recovered him. I would reccomend Jarod to anyone
Old 06-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

You might want to do some research here. Hope it helps!

http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3
Old 06-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

Hey Early,
I have been looking since the first of the year, and have gotten tp speak to some ofthe references from this place as well as several others...I just thought being on here there are a lot of guys from that area or that hunt that area that might know some information that the guys that signed up for their reference list aren't saying or telling....Not to mention any advice for hunting that part of the country....I am not in a rush, the father inlaw and myself have been looking hard for about 6 months and talking about it for a couple years now....I was jusrt wanting any of you guys to let me know if you had any dealin's to let me know pretty quick...As I am ready to go forward with booking....
That's cool Curtis, I didn't know you started looking into it back then.I just wanted to make sure got theproper info that you would want to have for such an exciting, and fairly expensive hunt. Your doing the right things, that's good. It pays off in the long run. I went through these steps before I started hunting in Alberta. Good luck to you!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt on several thousand acres out that way, the whole area is great. There are so many outfitters, do your homework, even the small outfitters are great and may even be better, as they take care of the hunters on a more personnel level.

Quick Reply: Illinois Extreme Whitetails????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.