Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

property lines

Old 06-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default property lines

The thread preachertony started about to shoot or not and to recover or not got me thinking.WE all have property lines right? Who here would try to stop someone from recovering a deer that was shot onyour neighborsproperty but ran over the property line and died on your side.If you would try to stop someone then tell us why,because we are all hunters right? Shouldn't we have better repect for oneanother.It just seems to me there of a lot of hard a*** here.I just don't get people who try to be an a-hole.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: property lines

Well I technically don't own property, but I will inherit it. I don't see anything wrong with that. Yeah, if someone shot a deer and it ran onto my property, go for it. Heck I'll even help you track it. All I'd ask is that you'd let me know. What would happen if you found a person or persons on your property without permission? "Well I'm tracking a deer that I shot." You wouldn't know if that person would be telling the truth or not.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldnt say no and I didnt see a single person in the other thread that said they would say no. The problem is when people dont ask permission before hand and just waltz right in there. Nothing but problems can come from this type of behavior. If you hunt a piece of land and theres a chance a deer could cross onto someone elses property, you should have written permission from that landowner stating that you can retrieve wounded game from his land. This is day 1 stuff.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

I wouldnt say no and I didnt see a single person in the other thread that said they would say no. The problem is when people dont ask permission before hand and just waltz right in there. Nothing but problems can come from this type of behavior. If you hunt a piece of land and theres a chance a deer could cross onto someone elses property, you should have written permission from that landowner stating that you can retrieve wounded game from his land. This is day 1 stuff.
So you don't know your neighbors well enough that you could go onto their property and retrieve a downed deer without written permission? that seems odd to me is all because I have no problem if someone came on my property to retrieve a deer and vice versa and if I happened to see them I would help recover said animal.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

As long as they ask I'm fine with it. I'm going with them also to make sure there after that particular deer! If I caught them on my land without permission tracking a deer I'd kick there ass off faster then flys on you know what! I would then go get the deer myself and personally deliver it to them!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

Well I technically don't own property, but I will inherit it. I don't see anything wrong with that. Yeah, if someone shot a deer and it ran onto my property, go for it. Heck I'll even help you track it. All I'd ask is that you'd let me know. What would happen if you found a person or persons on your property without permission? "Well I'm tracking a deer that I shot." You wouldn't know if that person would be telling the truth or not.
Well I would most likely know if it was one of my neighbors,but if it was a guest of theirs I would help find the deer,then we would get confirmation from the landowner that said hunter had permission to hunt on property.If he did not I would press charges.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, where I hunt it's understood and accepted in most places. We're not hard up for the deer, we are over run. I have to agree with you Chris. Hey if you ever hunt with me, there are antler restrictions. Shoot the biggest one you see.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: treboryerf

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

So you don't know your neighbors well enough that you could go onto their property and retrieve a downed deer without written permission? that seems odd to me is all because I have no problem if someone came on my property to retrieve a deer and vice versa and if I happened to see them I would help recover said animal.
Well like we said, as long as they have permission. If they are a friend, I'd still rather they let me know when they are on the property.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Well, where I hunt it's understood and accepted in most places. We're not hard up for the deer, we are over run. I have to agree with you Chris. Hey if you ever hunt with me, there are antler restrictions. Shoot the biggest one you see.
Thanks! I definitely would!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

As long as they ask I'm fine with it. I'm going with them also to make sure there after that particular deer! If I caught them on my land without permission tracking a deer I'd kick there ass off faster then flys on you know what! I would then go get the deer myself and personally deliver it to them!
So you want them to ask you before they retrieve the deer thats ok I guess,but aren't these your neighbors that you know or are they not known to you by sight.I could understand your point of view if you were hunting land where you did not know who was hunting around you.

Quick Reply: property lines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.